Forum changes: preview and your feedback wanted

Let us know what you think of our forum update

301 to 320 of 336 messages
04/08/2012 at 08:20
Hi RW. I know that the spam womb,es that you nominated have been doing a great job but this morning there were over half the new threads that were spam. When is it going to be resolved? I feel really sorry for the volunteers who are helping y out and are having to spend more and more of their time editing and removing the spam.

And update? Thoughts? General feedback?
09/08/2012 at 15:58

Dear RW.

Mr Steel has made a good comment. When on earth are we going to get an update about the changes that your proposed?

09/08/2012 at 17:57

Emmy - that was the question I was asking. The wombles weren't here to prevent spam - just get rid of the ones that got through the barrier till RW and not so Immediate Media did what they said they would do.

ETA - I've just hit the report mod button to so they've no excuse for not seeing this

Edited: 09/08/2012 at 17:58
10/08/2012 at 11:07

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as we've looked for a long-term solution to spam on the site.

After listening to your views, we have decided to use a third-party filtering system. Our tech team are currently testing this at the moment and we should be rolling this out in the next month.

As I'm sure you can understand we need to roll this out carefully, so we don't filter non-spam posts.

We'll keep you updated on this and let you know once the filter is in place. Many thanks again to the spam wombles for all their hard work.

Best,
Dominique

10/08/2012 at 13:48

Thanks Dominique

10/08/2012 at 14:04

Thanks Dominique for the update. Would this update just include the spam filter or are other features included?

kittenkat wrote (see)
Emmy_bug wrote (see)

I think RW may need to work on their spamming....

Are they not selling enough handbags and shoos?

I dunno... maybe they could start up a niche market in fake gucci?

12/08/2012 at 20:39

Any plans for a "quote" button to help people reply to specific posts?

M...eldy    pirate
12/08/2012 at 20:51
Gareth Edwards 21 wrote (see)

You mean like this one  ??  

12/08/2012 at 21:09

Hi Meldy - the quote feature doesnt work on the ipad.

RW - Can you please look at website bugs - We're not receiving email notifications.... Please fix

13/08/2012 at 22:23
M...eldy wrote (see)

No no different to that one, one that you can actually see and isn't invisible until you hover your cursor over it.

15/08/2012 at 18:07
M...eldy wrote (see)

No no different to that one, one that you can actually see and isn't invisible until you hover your cursor over it.

Hmmm...

15/08/2012 at 22:36

Any chance of getting the last post thingy fixed?

I am sick of being taken to the middle of favoured threads - it's not the end of the world but when an upgrade actually makes using something worse it is doubly irritating........

I know many others suffer the same so it's not my operating system or incompetence!

15/08/2012 at 22:47

The having to go back 10 pages bug still isn't fixed properly either. Not so Immediate Media.

16/08/2012 at 07:42

I'm glad that you said that LN - i've been thinking that it was me...

16/08/2012 at 10:33

They really lost my vote when they tried to blame the mass spamming attack on the time that people didn't have to have a verified user ID to post. That was utter bollox.

16/08/2012 at 11:19

To be honest  - they are not appearing too professional by not answering posts on here or resolving the issue.

16/08/2012 at 19:32

That bit is IM and RW.

20/08/2012 at 09:38

Dear Dominique,

The email alerts are not working again. can you please let us know when it'll be resolved?

24/08/2012 at 21:27

I really am wondering why we bother asking......

No answer and no resolution......most of us would get the sack if we tried that on.....

25/08/2012 at 12:27

Can we please have a tab on the Competitions Page that shows us the Winners of current and previous competitions.

We never get to see who's won what on this forum unless it's the 30 day giveaway, and even then it's sporadic.

301 to 320 of 336 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.