Forum changes: preview and your feedback wanted

Let us know what you think of our forum update

341 to 351 of 351 messages
28/08/2012 at 11:52

Hi PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway,

Our tech team have reported that they couldn't generate the 'Not being directed automatically to the last page when they receive a notification' bug. Are you still having this problem or are other users experiencing this?  

If so, can you let me know the browser you using and on a Mac/ PC/ smart phone etc?

Best,
Dominique

28/08/2012 at 13:03

Dominique - it seems to me to be that when the page hits a hundred e.g.clocks over to  201-220  that you get directed to the page before i.e. 181 - 200 (at twenty per page)

28/08/2012 at 15:28

Hi XFR Bear,

I have passed your feedback on and the tech team are having the same problem, so they will investigate this now.

Best,
Dominique

28/08/2012 at 16:13

Hi Gazmanmeister,

Here's the blog for the GU Energy competition winners:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/gu-energy-competition-winners/8699.html

Best,
Dominique

28/08/2012 at 19:38

Thanks, I never knew that

07/09/2012 at 14:44

Hi all,

Our tech team have been in touch to say the third party filter should be in place (fingers crossed!) in the next fortnight.

I'll let you know if there are any further delays.

Best,
Dominique

kittenkat    pirate
07/09/2012 at 14:48

Can we have some new these things please, we were promised a long time ago.

And I'm starting to think that some forumites actually look like these, so zombie ones would be good.

Or ninja...

Or just some different toys for people to play with, like 'karma' points.

You must have some options for a bit of fun...

07/09/2012 at 15:05

Can we have a post like thingy like Facebook maybe thats what Karma points are???

KK perhaps you need "calmer" points

21/09/2012 at 03:29

the cut and paste has gone again this time it will let you paste the post but when you submit it it just disappears

kittenkat    pirate
21/09/2012 at 06:36
goldbeetle wrote (see)

Can we have a post like thingy like Facebook maybe thats what Karma points are???

KK perhaps you need "calmer" points

I wouldn't get any of those.

28/09/2012 at 21:07

Sorry, can't be bothered reading back through the thread so this may have been mentioned (would be amazed if it hadn't),  but the wors tthin by far about the forum, and has been for at least 10 years, is the inability to do useful searches.

Why is it so hard to do what pretty much every other forum in the universe can do? I can sort by "relevance", yes, but the sorting is all over the place, so that you often get posts from 2004 or 2005 at the top of the list when you search for (say) a race.

I want to be able to eliminate threads started more than x time ago. I want to be able to include only threads with more than x number of posts. I want to be able to specify forum rather than editorial content. Started by user x perhaps. And so on.

This forum is a potentially fantastic resource but it's nigh on impossible to find what I want. Result? Massive, massive duplication of information

I think I first complained about this around 8 or 9 years ago!!!  It has never in that time been improved. Please. Sort it out. Thank you.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
341 to 351 of 351 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.