Forum Spam: Apology and Fixes

An update on how we'll be improving the forum

201 to 220 of 369 messages
16/06/2012 at 13:24

KK, don't get paranoid again....play nicely...noones out to get you and remove your posts...it'd take too long for starters

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2012 at 13:35

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Cats_630b55_1122226.gif

Blisters    pirate
16/06/2012 at 14:07

As far as I can see, either the new firewalls are working really well, or mega-post M...eldy has been busy with the trigger finger. I don't even care if Zoog zoon's football link was from a human with a measurable IQ. From the description here it smacked of commercial advertising and is outside the T&C limits.

The question is what I now have to do to get a 7 day ban or even a red card?

Crash Hamster    pirate
16/06/2012 at 15:07

Certainly when I saw the post in question, there was no link, just a remark about watching it live and advert-free on the BBC. Poor pre-match briefing of mods by RW and poor execution. I'm with kk.

M...eldy    pirate
16/06/2012 at 15:13

Crashie I think the issue was covered in the other thread?

Dark Vader    pirate
16/06/2012 at 15:24

Common sense wins 

Dame Meldy OBE  to the rescue...   fab 

Crash Hamster    pirate
16/06/2012 at 15:37

Hmm, well if we're limiting discussion of one subject to one thread...

I've had my say, I'll flounce off now.

;)

16/06/2012 at 15:55

So, do the powers of the Ring of Moderation confer on the Moderatoresses the powers of the Dark Lord before whom all must tremble and obey? Or all the power of Mrs Mop?

The soap opera continues.

16/06/2012 at 15:58

Meldy / Jeepers

It would be a good idea if you get someone from RW to post the remit of the User Mods role.

I know that you've said it's just for Spam but i can forsee situations where people will personally object to a post/thread and try and pressurise the user mods to do something about it.  If there is a nice official post about what the user mods are allowed to do it'll give you some level of protection.

seren nos    pirate
16/06/2012 at 15:59

i think they are planning on giving an official post and info on monday...........just there seems to have been a massive spam attack this weekend that had to be dealt with........I think with patience all will be revealed......

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2012 at 17:50

Do you think RW will lower themselves to tell the rest of us what is going on? If you report a thread to a mod, who does it go to? Who has access to our details and posts?

In short wtf is going on?

No wonder some people including me are a bit suspicious, I want to know who can access my stuff.

lovve kk xxxx

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2012 at 17:52

Cross post with seren, but still I'm not happy with the way this has been presented, well not presented, to us.

There was a time when there was effective communication between RW and the forum

Why have some got the privilege of knowing?

16/06/2012 at 17:52

I've only just caught up with this and tbh shared reservations about who might do this and what access would they have to my personal data etc. 

Picking a poster who uses the forum lots, is even handed and does not lose their cool suits me. Great choice in Meldy RW (Apologies Jeepers but I don't know you).

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2012 at 17:53
seren nos wrote (see)

i think they are planning on giving an official post and info on monday.........

How do you know that? Oh wait a new mod told you but not the rest of us??

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2012 at 17:56
seren nos wrote (see)

i think they are planning on giving an official post and info on monday...........just there seems to have been a massive spam attack this weekend that had to be dealt with........I think with patience all will be revealed......

Someone from RW could have dealt with the spam themselves for one more weekend and launched this properly surely?

16/06/2012 at 17:57

TBH I agree with kk about RW sharing more info with us about the exact remit of a moderator. Can they access your personal data etc?  

If so I'm Wayne, have hairy hands and drive a truck.....

Can I just say though,  kk you used to spend a fair bit of page space implying a special relationship with RW (Dan)?     Why is it different if it's someone else who has that?  

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2012 at 18:00

Hi Wayne!

seren nos    pirate
16/06/2012 at 18:02
kittenkat wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)

i think they are planning on giving an official post and info on monday.........

wrong again KK......

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2012 at 18:03
seren nos wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)

wrong again KK......

So how do you know?

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2012 at 18:25
M...eldy wrote (see)

Crashie I think the issue was covered in the other thread?

Yes, but RW Towers won't read the other thread, at least maybe here they *might* read.

201 to 220 of 369 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.