An update on how we'll be improving the forum

121 to 140 of 298 messages
seren nos    pirate
14/06/2012 at 20:56

if its jelly there has to be cream

debbo    pirate
14/06/2012 at 21:30

Seren witches don't like jelly and cream - get with it

I think Meldy will be a great moderator - she's the only person I know from here that seems to genuinely like everyone, and she's measured and reasonable

her taste in prime ministers leaves something to be desired though

14/06/2012 at 21:55

Is it just Meldy that's a moderator? (Good Luck with the spam).

14/06/2012 at 22:01

She's not a moderator, she's a spam witch. 

M...eldy    pirate
14/06/2012 at 22:03

A Cheese SpamWitch  

14/06/2012 at 22:05

14/06/2012 at 22:34

kittenkat wrote (see)

M...eldy wrote (see)

I cant win can I ?   

No! What's your motivation for wanting to do it? Let RW deal with it, they're not paying you but still making profit.

Will they share that profit with you?

I think you're being a bit ridiculous here.  I've not contributed much to this discussion, but let's suppose RW had approached me with ''PhilPub, you seem like a level-headed kinda chap who doesn't get too mixed up in all the cliquey bollocks on here.  Would you consider being a moderator purely with a remit to clean up all the obvious spam?''  I think I'd be tempted to think about it, partly out of feeling privileged to be asked anyway, partly for the warm fuzzy feeling of contributing to the communal good, and also because, truth be told, the spam pisses me off a  bit and it would be quite nice to wipe it away when I want. 

I've got no idea why you need to be so cynical about someone's motivation having been approached rather than putting themselves forward and I don't think there's any need to be so confrontational, when you clearly have a beef with RW about something completely unrelated.

Whoops, I just got more involved in all the cliquey bollocks...

Edited: 14/06/2012 at 22:36
14/06/2012 at 23:24
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I think it's worth a go.

But there should be a super mod who has infinite power over all users, posts, mods and has the power of life or death. God, if you will.

I vote that that job goes to me.

No  JB I asked first and I've bought my own Taser ! However I'm happy to let you be my deputy if your interested ?

14/06/2012 at 23:27

ADMINS...........

Rather than setup moderation, have you considered switching the signup to something that Xrumer (spambot) will not crack. ie either a java based captcha or alternatively a puzzle type (which will be a better option). neither of these work at the moment. In fact in the current version recaptcha isnt working properly either.

If you take the time to understand how Xrumer works you can easily stop any spam from coming through at the signup stage. Even adding the option of no links until 100 posts will make things harder for the spam to get through.

14/06/2012 at 23:42
Does this mean I have to can the nob jokes in future?
Lee the Pea    pirate
14/06/2012 at 23:44
Only if you don't learn how to spell knob properly JB
14/06/2012 at 23:46
Good point, well made.
15/06/2012 at 07:10

Meldy and the other chosen ones - good luck.

I still think it's a terrible idea, but hate the game not the player.  Tangol is right (and as I and others have said countless times before) it should be fixed at source, not left to the users to clean it up.

15/06/2012 at 07:15
Lee the Pea wrote (see)
Only if you don't learn how to spell knob properly JB

I believe that in these circumstances the spelling is in fact correct !
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Does this mean I have to can the nob jokes in future?

NO  

15/06/2012 at 07:15

xpost smiley.

Edited: 15/06/2012 at 07:16
15/06/2012 at 08:52

Of course I am secretly quite gutted not to have been chosen to wield the Delete Key of Destiny, but I'm not bitter.

Oh no.

15/06/2012 at 12:52

I'd like to know if RW are just going to only use user moderation to deal with the issue or if they are going to actually do their jobs and resolve the core issue?

15/06/2012 at 14:42

I always wonder why RW allow people to slate them on their own forums! If i was RW, one click and you'd be gone!

15/06/2012 at 15:57

I'd rather constructive feedback, not slating, to sycophancy any day.  Ok, most days; some days a bit of moral boosting lying goes down a treat

15/06/2012 at 16:11

Great move. Good luck Meldy.

Gaz

(a moderator on another forum who happily does it for nothing and without any ulterior motive)

121 to 140 of 298 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.