Forum Spam: Apology and Fixes

An update on how we'll be improving the forum

141 to 160 of 369 messages
M...eldy    pirate
14/06/2012 at 19:10

Burn her anyway Cas  

14/06/2012 at 19:12
KK...why should everything be motivated by money? Maybe Melds just wants to make it work better round here.

I doubt RW makes much profit out of the forum tbh. Web publishing is not as lucrative as some think it is.
M...eldy    pirate
14/06/2012 at 19:12

If I have to explain my motivation for doing something voluntarily without payment for this forum then I am afraid that may well say more about you than it does me

Its not a huge task, I can do what I can when I am logged on, I am just giving back

It really is that simple

kittenkat    pirate
14/06/2012 at 19:17
M...eldy wrote (see)

If I have to explain my motivation for doing something voluntarily without payment for this forum then I am afraid that may well say more about you than it does me

Its not a huge task, I can do what I can when I am logged on, I am just giving back

It really is that simple

And what does that say about me? I've given heaps back to RW, I've been a pacer for the Cardiff half and the London mara.... and never recovered expenses I was promised. I've also been a guest editor unpaid. Tell me where I'm going wrong in the giving back list.

kittenkat    pirate
14/06/2012 at 19:20

See, there's already a disagreement, but you can just delete all my posts to pretend it never happened.

Holly_Golightly    pirate
14/06/2012 at 19:22
Kk, I think you're arguing with the wrong people here. Perhaps going direct to the finance team at RW towers with a complaint and a request for any owed monies would be a more direct approach, and bring you better results?

And back to the subject of this thread, I think it's an excellent idea to have some external people monitoring for spam. And having a witch do it, as others have noted, is even better.

Edited as cross post, to add:
And please remove that great frozen chip from your shoulder. You are paranoid.
Edited: 14/06/2012 at 19:23
kittenkat    pirate
14/06/2012 at 19:25
Holly_Golightly wrote (see)
Kk, I think you're arguing with the wrong people here. Perhaps going direct to the finance team at RW towers with a complaint and a request for any owed monies would be a more direct approach, and bring you better results?

And back to the subject of this thread, I think it's an excellent idea to have some external people monitoring for spam. And having a witch do it, as others have noted, is even better.

Edited as cross post, to add:
And please remove that great frozen chip from your shoulder. You are paranoid.

Paranoid about what?

Holly_Golightly    pirate
14/06/2012 at 19:27
"but you can just delete all my posts"

That's me done.
14/06/2012 at 19:42
So, are the user mods operational or are they still going through initiation?
ImRio    pirate
14/06/2012 at 19:57

Witches have their own initiation rites

14/06/2012 at 19:57

A catfight, and a three-way one at that

Should we order mud or jelly?

M...eldy    pirate
14/06/2012 at 19:58

I prefer jelly 

seren nos    pirate
14/06/2012 at 20:56

if its jelly there has to be cream

debbo    pirate
14/06/2012 at 21:30

Seren witches don't like jelly and cream - get with it

I think Meldy will be a great moderator - she's the only person I know from here that seems to genuinely like everyone, and she's measured and reasonable

her taste in prime ministers leaves something to be desired though

14/06/2012 at 21:55

Is it just Meldy that's a moderator? (Good Luck with the spam).

14/06/2012 at 22:01

She's not a moderator, she's a spam witch. 

M...eldy    pirate
14/06/2012 at 22:03

A Cheese SpamWitch  

14/06/2012 at 22:05

14/06/2012 at 22:34

kittenkat wrote (see)

M...eldy wrote (see)

I cant win can I ?   

No! What's your motivation for wanting to do it? Let RW deal with it, they're not paying you but still making profit.

Will they share that profit with you?

I think you're being a bit ridiculous here.  I've not contributed much to this discussion, but let's suppose RW had approached me with ''PhilPub, you seem like a level-headed kinda chap who doesn't get too mixed up in all the cliquey bollocks on here.  Would you consider being a moderator purely with a remit to clean up all the obvious spam?''  I think I'd be tempted to think about it, partly out of feeling privileged to be asked anyway, partly for the warm fuzzy feeling of contributing to the communal good, and also because, truth be told, the spam pisses me off a  bit and it would be quite nice to wipe it away when I want. 

I've got no idea why you need to be so cynical about someone's motivation having been approached rather than putting themselves forward and I don't think there's any need to be so confrontational, when you clearly have a beef with RW about something completely unrelated.

Whoops, I just got more involved in all the cliquey bollocks...

Edited: 14/06/2012 at 22:36
14/06/2012 at 23:24
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I think it's worth a go.

But there should be a super mod who has infinite power over all users, posts, mods and has the power of life or death. God, if you will.

I vote that that job goes to me.

No  JB I asked first and I've bought my own Taser ! However I'm happy to let you be my deputy if your interested ?

141 to 160 of 369 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.