From the mouths of children...

9 messages
05/10/2002 at 17:18
Half the preparation for the Half on the 20th has been extensive begging for sponsorship (for CLIC - Cancer and Leukemia in Childhood), including at the Sailing Club (the cancer survivor in question is an 11 year old sailor). From a twelve-year old sailor:

"You're going to do what?"
"Run a half marathon."
"You are?"
"That's right."

A 90 second pause ensued, in which he looked at me very carefully, and thought how to phrase his next question.

"It's not like sailing races, is it, where you get timed out if you're too slow, is it?"

But in the boy's defence, he and his twin sister dug deep into their pockets and their mother made the difference up to five quid!

05/10/2002 at 17:50
Ahh, love him!!!!
05/10/2002 at 21:01
I was bathing my 4 year old son tonight and asked him if he knew where pumice stone came from. Of course I know, he said, Marks & Spencer!
05/10/2002 at 22:43
My daughter (four and a half) asked me if God lived under the grass. I said no - why? - she said, well how does he hold up all the trees?
06/10/2002 at 07:23
My three year old after his first week on a British school (his first langauages are Turkish and Dutch)

"When you want something you have to say please". I asked him what it meant, his answer: "Give it to me now!!!!!!!"

06/10/2002 at 07:27
My five year old on the telephone yesterday with his grandmother:

"OK I will pass you to my brother now." when his brother refused to talk: " you have to talk to her or she will get upset" His brother replied "but I don't want to" Then without covering the phone: " no one wants to talk to her, I don't, mummy and daddy don't, but we have to or else she'll get upset. "
06/10/2002 at 21:59
To Nana: "Daddy forgot it was your birthday but it was OK because the petrol station sold flowers"

Nick (c1966)
07/10/2002 at 13:07
"Mummy, you've got three colours of hair - light brown, dark brown and white." Daughter aged 8, no wonder she's learned to run fast.
07/10/2002 at 13:15
Kevin the Teenager, aged just two, to paternal grandmother: "Grandma, you're very old, aren't you? Are you going to die soon?" compounded by "I don't like Uncle Apatosaurus (Grandma's other son) cos he's a psychopaff." Grandma looks accusingly at mother and says, "I don't have to guess who she picked that up from."

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.