Fun Run for a 5 yr old

5 messages
12/01/2013 at 11:23

My  daughter has seen the family running medals, t shirts etc and is desperate to take part in an event (i think with a medal or t shirt at the end so she can be like her brother)

Is there a fun run/walk (1 mile ish)that we could do together in the north of england /southern scotland?  Looked on events site but no luck!

Paul

12/01/2013 at 11:45

Try typing fun run into the Event name / keyword box. If you filter by region there are 38 in the North and 5 in Scotland. Hopefully one of those will be suitable.

12/01/2013 at 13:10

there is a few companies like "the big fun run" too that put events on all over the country, also, check inner city marathons/HM etc, quite a few of them have a fun run for kids or people not quite at the fitness or physical condition for the big one.

my local city race has a "godiva mile" along side the main race, its quite common i think.

Edited: 12/01/2013 at 13:12
12/01/2013 at 13:14

There's a 1 mile fun run for under 15s at the Bolton 10k in April, I'm sure there will be plenty of others too

12/01/2013 at 14:13

They love running at that age. Did a mini santa dash at Christmas with the grandson who is 4 and he got a medal and a Tshirt. The only thing with a Tshirt is they may just do the one size for children and at 5 it could be way too big but medals fit all.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.