Garmin 305 or iPhone Runkeeper App?

21 to 28 of 28 messages
07/07/2011 at 07:38

I have both and the Garmin 305 is much more accurate.

RunKeeper profile:  http://runkeeper.com/user/teresapsy/profile

07/07/2011 at 09:25
I've been using RunKeeper on Android for a few months, and while I'm quite happy with it as far as goes, I've still got my eye on a Garmin 205 for my birthday coming up. Apart from the extra accuracy which seems to be generally taken for granted by everyone, it will be much more convenient to have all the facts and figures easily accessible on my wrist. Digging my phone out of my pocket and unlocking it mid-run without breaking rhythm and losing speed just isn't an option.
06/09/2011 at 21:21
Bought a Garmin 305 (and a footpod) as the price on Amazon is now sub £100 delivered.

Quite happy with Runkeeper and it works very well with my iPhone 4 but always that feeling of more accuracy, the HRM and the footpod for the gym. Means I can ditch my watch with HRM, can still log my run on my phone too as I'll likely always have that for tunes, security etc.

Also, I can upload directly all of my runs etc to Runkeeper so best of both worlds (as Garmin Training Centre interface looks like something from a ZX Spectrum!).

Will let you all know how I get on with it.

Brian.
06/09/2011 at 21:44
Have you discovered Garmin Connect? It's a great site to upload your Garmin data too, fair superior to Training Centre. Can't remember the address, but if you google Garmin Connect, you should find it.
06/09/2011 at 21:52
Yeah - logged into that too and may well migrate to that...but Runkeeper is just so spot on for interface it would be hard improve I think. But when I start logging on it, I'll upload to both (and ignore the Training Centre - other than uploading training plans like the RW ones).

Any useful tips from anyone?

Brian.
08/09/2011 at 22:11
Used the Garmin for the first time tonight - works great, useful info into Garmin Connect (and other software). Quite pleased with it - but unreadable in the dark! Need to sort the back lighting setting for night etc I think.

Brian.
08/09/2011 at 23:16
I use a 405cx, and an android phone with cardio trainer, and occasionally run keeper for music, bit of radio sometimes.

405 is much better generally, but more expensive of course. 305 is very similar, a bit more bulky.

There are some races you can't use an mp3 player so phones with headphones would also be the same... Okay can ditch the headphones then it gets a bit messy to look at and maybe check pace.

I don't use training centre. Garmin connect is pretty good.

Can't remember who mentioned facebook being important but there is like button for posting on facebook too on the garmin web app.
22/08/2012 at 13:37

I have been using Runkeeper on my iphone 4S along with my Garmin 205 and I have found that the 205 by the end of a 7 mile run was 200m short compared to the Runkeeper.  Therefore Im not sure which is accurate ?!?! any advice anyone - thankyou !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.