Garmin marathon schedules and macs

21 to 40 of 118 messages
11/12/2007 at 13:07
P.s.... i'm now stumped as to a solution for you Colin! maybe try alternative dates?
Daniel Benson.    pirate
11/12/2007 at 14:02

Hi Tony,

Can I ask you to try and download the schedule from the this page please? You will need to enter the date you wish to race on but apart from that everything is the same.

Please let me know how you get on. 

Thanks

Dan RW 

Daniel Benson.    pirate
11/12/2007 at 17:32

Hi Tony,

Could I also ask you to email me the wkt file that seems to be providing the wrong date? 

daniel.benson@natmag-rodale.co.uk

Thanks again

Dan RW

12/12/2007 at 22:39
I have exactly the same problem as Tony, with March 13th as the race date.  However, I don't want to download the schedule from Dan's link above as that is a 3:15 schedule, which is too quick for me.  I want the 3:45 schedule.  Dan, where do I get this one from?
16/12/2007 at 09:15

Hi

I have just bought a garmin 305 and was considering returning it ( its a long story). Am I reading that Garmins and macs dont work that well together generally, or is the problem the RW download? 

16/12/2007 at 10:58

As I understand it, but others with deeper understanding may want to elaborate, they will work perfectly well as far as downloading your runs and so on. The problem seems to be that the Mac version won't read the *.wkt schedule files (int his case the RW ones, but one imagine it would be the same for all.

I've now tried the work round of using a friend's PC...no joy, as I then ran up against the wrong race date issue.
And there's no quick way of deleting a whole schedule...as far  as I can see I have to delete every scheduled run one by one. Grrr

28/12/2007 at 18:53

Hi

Any news on getting the date right to the 13 APRIL 2008???

Cheers

30/12/2007 at 14:39

Hi,

I'm suffering from the date problem aswell!

If i do as my Garmin tells me from the downloaded schedule does this make me a month ahead in my training?!

HELP!

30/12/2007 at 15:36
Dan, any luck yet? It's a week into the training and I would really like to get it working on my garmin

Ta

Kate
30/12/2007 at 19:18
I had this problem with the dates on the 9th December (see earlier in the thread)  and have found no answer yet.  I have given up and am using the schedules sent weekly to my computer.  As I am new to the Garmin I am not quite certain how to use the information (though useless in its present form) anyway.  Is it worth waiting for??
31/12/2007 at 11:05
The training paces are specific minute miles.  Is it recommended to set Garmin paces at plus and minus 10% of the paces suggested?  Or should we simply be aiming to adjust speed and get used to running at the specific mm?  Would you use the alarm function to tell you when to speed up slow down?
31/12/2007 at 14:28
My battery is deeeeeed in my garmin HRM strap... I thought I'd died mid run.

31/12/2007 at 14:54
Colin, what you can always do is enter the training sessions one by one into Training Center, schedule then and then load them onto the Garmin. The RW downloadable versions, when they've ironed out the date problem and the unreadability issue, have the advantage of  doing all that work for you, which, for sixteen (well fifteen now) weeks training, with five runs a week, is no small task.
31/12/2007 at 14:57

On another thread, someone said they entered the date in as May 15th, which then set the marathon date as 13th April.

Could be worth a try.

01/01/2008 at 20:31

Just tried it with the date set as 13/05/2008 wich seems to have done the trick with the marathon now on the correct date of 13th April.

Happy days!!

01/01/2008 at 21:33
Thanks Lazy and MoscowFlyer...please can you tell us how  you overcame the issue of Macs not recognising the file format?
06/01/2008 at 20:27
Hi Tom, Sorry I don't have the technical no-how to solve the Mac problem...
08/01/2008 at 22:54
Hi All,

My first post to these forums so figured I should make it a helpful one! I'm 38 and been running for 18 months. I've decided that I'll be running my first marathon this year and am using the Garmin schedules for my training. On to week two for a sub 3.30 time and going well so far

I use my forerunner 305 with two Macs - a PowerMac G5 and a Macbook Pro - working perfectly with both under OS X 10.5.

It is possible to convert the .wkt file on the RW website to the XML format (.tcx) used by the Mac version of the training software. You will need a USB stick and a friend with a PC running the latest version of Training Centre for windows. You simply need to import the workouts into the PC software which will then allow you to export them as a .tcx file. Put this onto the USB stick and import it into training centre on your Mac. Job done!

Hope this helps.

Dave
09/01/2008 at 09:50

Excellent Dave, thanks for the advice, will try it tonight

Tom 

09/01/2008 at 21:00
Let me know how you get on Tom.

Dave
21 to 40 of 118 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.