generally sulking

things not going to plan

6 messages
08/02/2013 at 11:25

non running related  - its my day off, the 16 year old 1st born requires mother to purchase Fall out Boy tickets  that went on sale at 9 am, for london, 1 day event, they sold out in less than 3 mins - she text me her life is over  but thanked me for trying  (now she will pester for reading festival  tickets i know it

i finally get my long awaited badly organised off duty rosta from a well known health care service ..... i have a 14.5 hour shift on my intended first 10k  event , fgs , my life!! there will be more 10k events (3rd weekend working too  - super sulks ) 2 saturdays working means no park running for 2 weeks  too 

and my hairdresser is on holiday  - selfishness at its worst, 

the only thing left i can do on my day off is my long slow run  ..... when i say long, its long for me anyway 

08/02/2013 at 11:53

true david  - i should be more positive   - work is generally fun , i can run between my bizarre short noticed shifts , and the hair can wait - there will be more events 

my 16 year old will not get over the tragedy of not securing concert tickets so easily  .... things of this nature affect her deeply  - ah to be young and dramatic again  - no thanks 

08/02/2013 at 14:41

Sometimes life gets in the way of running. That's all there is too it.

08/02/2013 at 15:14

So I fell over at parkrun on Saturday and did my knee in; this morning I stood on a sharp item that cut my foot open; and then I got a call from my wife saying the neighbours had found the year-old cat my nine-year-old son had picked out dead in the street, evidently run down by a car. Not looking forward to breaking the news to him; found the news pretty heart-breaking myself.

08/02/2013 at 15:39

oh peter, what a horrid week, poor cat, and having to tell your boy, not a nice job 

08/02/2013 at 15:42

Yeah. Funny how attached you get to pets. I hope it was quick.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.