GETTING WET

RUNNING IN THE RAIN

21 to 30 of 30 messages
20/06/2013 at 16:32

I haven't backed out of a run due to bad weather yet, though perhaps thought about it once or twice when its been torrential.  To be honest I dont really mind cold or rain, but I find a heavy wind can make a run more noticeably difficult for me. Haven't got a treadmill or a gym membership, so just got to take it as it comes I suppose.

20/06/2013 at 17:21

As long as the rain is warm then I don't mind. I've had some great runs in the southern hemisphere on the tail-end of tropical cyclones.

Rain in January or February is the absolute pits. Hypothermic.

20/06/2013 at 19:50

It rained a bit today but I missed it. Instead i got horrid stuffy weather runing up a huge hill with sweat dripping into my eyes. No fun at all .

I feel you all with the heat. I was really worried my first 10k would be hot but luckily it was really cool. Think I had two sips of water all the way round loved it. 30+ is a killer

20/06/2013 at 21:06

I'm with seren - I don't like setting off in the rain but I love rain when i'm already out. 

21/06/2013 at 06:57

Don't like rain and I don't like the cold. I can't see the point of making myself ill just to run either. if it's too cold I'm better off staying at home. I don't even like getting the milk out of the fridge. I've even been too cold in the middle of summer running in the sun, ran through a shadey path and my body just reacted like I'd stepped into the antarctic. One odd thing is that if it starts to rain while I'm out I'm usually ok.

21/06/2013 at 09:08

I don't like going out into the rain, but love it when it starts raining once I'm already running. 12c and light drizzle is probably about my perfect running conditions- these muggy mornings are horrible!

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
21/06/2013 at 11:26

I love running in the rain, even if it's really bucketing down - most enjoyable half marathon I've ever run was in torrential rain, puddles all over the road, water running off my nose, thoroughly enjoyed the whol race.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
21/06/2013 at 11:27

I love running in the rain, even if it's really bucketing down - most enjoyable half marathon I've ever run was in torrential rain, puddles all over the road, water running off my nose, thoroughly enjoyed the whole race.

21/06/2013 at 11:28

I'm new to running (about 2months) and so far have had nice cool conditions to run in - even when it's been sunny, but the last few muggy days I've really noticed a difference in pace and effort - it's been horrible! I'd have welcomed some rain to cool me off that's for sure!

21/06/2013 at 12:57

There's a tipping point with rain - if it's raining just enough to cool and hydrate you, perfect.

Beyond that it does start to feel a bit unpleasant though. The real test for me is when it starts dripping down my fringe - that's when it stops being fun.

I was caught out in a horrendous downpour earlier in the year and it was actually quite painful. Next to no visibility, unsteady footing and really, really, really slow progress. That I could live without.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.