Glasgow Runners

1 to 20 of 192 messages
21/01/2007 at 14:52
Hi folks. Just wondering if there are many runners from Glasgow and surrounding areas on here? I am from Clydebank.

Particularly interested in hearing from those struggling to get back into form.
21/01/2007 at 15:15
I'm from the Glasgow area - South West - Kinning Park.
21/01/2007 at 16:12
Hi rab im from kirkintilloch and i have been struggling for years.
KKD
21/01/2007 at 16:25
Hi Robert. I'm from just outside Glasgow, in Lochwinnoch.

I'm just getting back (AGAIN) after a knee prob. I did 7 miles today and it was okay (Yipee!)

Are you training for anything in particular?
KKD
21/01/2007 at 17:53
See you're narrowing your focus Robert after starting the longest running thread on this forum ;-)

I come from Glasgow and wore a deep grove in the pavements there for about 10 years - does that count? Great running on the Kilpatricks and the Campsies, btw
21/01/2007 at 17:54
Sorry, that was a groove not grove - though perhaps there are trees growing there now...
21/01/2007 at 22:56
Have not posted any messages on this site for months. It is good to see the Scottish Runners thread is still going - did not realise that it was one of the longest running.

My running went to pot begining of last year. Took a bit of a health dip and just getting back to fitness now. Pretty chuffed with myself that I ran 4 miles today. Confident that I will be ready for a marathon again come October (mabye Dublin).

My focus at the moment is just getting fit enough for 2:14 running week in Portugal in March.
21/01/2007 at 22:58
Actually, my first goal is to do the 10k at Strathclyde Park in 2 weeks. Anyone else doing it?

Greyhound - the Kilpatrick hills are right behind my house but have only ran(rather tried to) up them twice. Will be some time before I beging to tackle hills again.
21/01/2007 at 23:40
Good to hear that you're back in the running again, Robert.

Re the Kilpatricks - one of my most memorable runs was from Old Kilpoatrick (got the train there), over the hills including Cochno Hill, across the moors to the Whangie, more moors to the West Highland Way, and ending up at Milngavie Station. Seemed like a long way at the time but I was young and fit then. I think there are more trails and paths over the Kilpatricks now - it was just all rough moorland then.

Go for a trot over the Campsies any time I can wrangle a work-related trip down to Glasgow :-)
21/01/2007 at 23:47
Robert - have you done that 10k at Strathclyde park before? I wouldn't mind getting a 10k race in soon actually, and if this is one which might have a good enough level of competiton then I may enter.
21/01/2007 at 23:49
Don't know if I'm interested in that one actually - says there is only 80 places, with 52 taken already. That's very small, no ta.
22/01/2007 at 06:07
Robert - I'm from Erskine.

Glad to hear you're getting back.
22/01/2007 at 07:36
Hey robert i'm from balloch nr dunbarton.

I've only just started running (fast walking) but hope to be ready for the polaroid 10k series in may/june.
22/01/2007 at 13:23
Hi Robert, I'm from Paisley.
Struggling with a bad knee at the moment and haven't run for over 3 months.

Jeans don't fit so well now :(

Entered the Smokies 10-miler which is in March, but sadly I won't be anywhere near ready for that mileage by then.
22/01/2007 at 16:00
Birkmyre, didn't know you were in Erskine. All of my family is in Erskine & Bishopton, apart for my mum, who's in Old Kilpatrick.

Speaking of the Kilpatricks. When I'm back home my fave run is up to Loch Humphrey and back through the quarry to Milton. A very peaceful 9 miler with a total ascent of 1400 ft.
22/01/2007 at 17:59
*typing in Yorkhill.

KKD - didn't know you were in Lochwinnoch. Used to go out with a lassie from there.

Bonny place.
ATM
22/01/2007 at 19:27
I'm in Ayrshire...but only physically.

I'm training, ambitiously, for Paris but expect to run the Glasgow Ladies' 10k in May. Are you doing it, again, KKD or is it too near London? What about you, Kirsty? *Loads of time to prepare and a huge crowd to hide in...*
ATM
22/01/2007 at 19:56
Hail Hail

Despite the obvious indication, I'm actually in the West End. Training for a sub 2.45 at Edinburgh with FLM thrown in as a training run.

Stuart - the way you're running, I'd have thought that although you might not get a decent race, you'll be a cert for a prize.

22/01/2007 at 20:46
Hi guys, I'm in Hamilton.
Just entered the 10km in Strathclyde Park, does anyone know if it's the same course as the St Andrews Hospice one??
22/01/2007 at 20:58
Stuart, you sure about the 10k in Strathclyde Park having such a small running field? Making me think twice about doing it now. There again I might just give it a go - just need to get back into things.

Impressed by those of you who have managed to run all the way up to Loch Humphrey - that is a very steep climb - hard enough to walk up for most folk.
1 to 20 of 192 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.