Great wall of china marathon

is anyone else doing this?

21 to 31 of 31 messages
25/05/2006 at 14:03
Hie Paul

Well Paul are you planing on winning this one or you gonna run for fun like some of us. You know for the first time a British person won this marathon!
Well i can tell you it was fun doing the race. i can bet there is no marathon with a better scenary.
although i should say i wish i had done more trainging on hills.
If you have never been to China you can take up the 2:09 events packege. We went with a crazy lot so it was fun all the way round. Who can forget the three amigos!!!
25/05/2006 at 16:23
Hee hee ! Wigan must have been very quiet without the lads :-)

Paul, cheers. I can't imagine what constitutes a 'trip of a lifetime' but this one must be up there with the best of them. definitely worth considering.

Chaz, nip over to the Clubhouse and post a message on the London Social thread. the more the merrier.

Scotty
25/05/2006 at 16:27
Doggetts details

Most of us will start arriving from 6pm onwards.

Tiger, blonde in the head, not on the head. Longhaul travel fried my brain.
25/05/2006 at 17:39
hie scotty

forgot to ask is there a dress code for this pub? oh can i wear jeans.
25/05/2006 at 19:19
No dress code.

Not sure what bar we are in yet; Big pony usually lets us know on the day. It's on several floors. We've been in the non-smoking bar on the 3rd floor for the last few. Don't worry though, they usually sign post the way with 'URWFRC' unless it's in the bottom bar at the back. I'll email you my work number.

By the way, I loved the piccie that Peter took of the group, it's just a pity the 3 hombres weren't around for it.
25/05/2006 at 21:55
hi scotty

non smoking bar?? ;-( hehehehe!!!! whose idea is that?
25/05/2006 at 21:57
hey forgot to ask, do you have the pics that peter took. my camera does not have a chip so he could not do it for me. i would like some copies. can you email me the pictures please.

25/05/2006 at 22:28
scotty

you can e-mail me now. i had blocked my e-mail add when i went for the GWM. it should be ok for you to e-mail now. sorry i had forgoten to correct it. my blonde moment i guess;-)
27/05/2006 at 12:52
Hie Scotty

Please send the the pics that Peter too of us when we went for the GWM. Send to my e-mail add

cheers
27/05/2006 at 16:51
Done :-)

Time for you to get a 'forum piccie' me thinks......
23/09/2012 at 23:55
Hi, how much was it roughly to enter the run?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.