Great Yarmouth Prom 10k

13 messages
07/09/2002 at 13:49
Is anyone else who reads this forum doing this 10k ?

I have received confirmation from the organiser today that he's had my application so I will be there - it'll be the first time I've done it since 1992, and I'm looking to beat the time I achieved then.

A nice flat course (just watch out for the sand blowing against your legs in the "cool" October sea breeze !)
08/09/2002 at 10:17
I will be there, I think not running though. This is one for Mr Fat Girl Slim, I'll be watching with the children. Whats the course, is it all along the front?

Karen
08/09/2002 at 16:15
If the course is the same (which I would expect) it starts at the Leisure centre on the prom, goes down past the pleasure beach and then loops back on the path next to the sands - back up as far as the bowling greens and then back down to the leisure centre on the prom.

Very straightforward, flat and fast.

I just hope the weather is nice !

I don't know my number yet but if you see someone with a vest or shirt like the one in this photo please give me a cheer (I ould do with the encouragement !)
09/09/2002 at 09:09
What is the date for the Yarmouth race??

cheers

jenks
09/09/2002 at 09:51
Thanks Aluaka, I will cheer you if I see you. Race date is 13th Oct.
16/09/2002 at 13:58
Got my number for Great Yarmouth today - number 9 - this will NOT be my finishing position !
22/09/2002 at 16:03
Not run this course so reading the forum for tips.Sand blowing against legs(Ow)or wow if youre into that stuff.Cold sea breeze too! Sounds. . . . well cold,best watch the old nipple area then.See you all there you,ll recognise me. . . .balaclava,thermal gloves and hip flask(just in case).Good luck to all and may the best person. . . .have car trouble on the way to the event.
22/09/2002 at 19:48
From the details that came with my race number it sounds like they have changed the course since I last did it - it seems to be 2 laps now of a slightly different area, and it sounds like we don't run past the sand anymore !!

Shame - it added novelty value !
07/10/2002 at 00:30
Boing Boing .... a week to go - anyone else doing this one ??

For my pre-race ramblings of this race visit my homepage at:

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/aluaka/page1.html
09/10/2002 at 18:11
Hi All

I be there me and the girlfriend are going to make a weekend of it, coming up on Friday from Essex to do my 3rd 10k. Lovely area cant wait hope to do a PB if it is a fast course.

See you there
09/10/2002 at 18:16
Good to see someone else from the forum will be there - what no. are you Dean ? Ary both of you running ???

I;ll watch out for you there !
13/10/2002 at 00:22
UNFORTUNATELY, Wind and sand combined to make a major shovelling job necessary, so the course was changed a few years ago. The height under the pier is now sometimes only about half a meter and it's not a commandoes only race!
It's still near enough to the sea to feel the breeze an an easterly will add some sting.
GOOD LUCK
14/10/2002 at 12:55
Well, I've had an e-mail from Deanskipper, so I know he did well yesterday.

I struggled with my knee pain from the third km.

My full race report is on my homepage:

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/aluaka/page1.html

Did anyone else do this run, if so what did you think ???

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.