Half Mara to Mara Advice

Training Advice

1 message
20/03/2008 at 17:04

Hi,

I am considering running my first marathon in 6 months time. I've done 2 halfs, the latest being the Forest of Dean in 02:04:27. I've read a couple of zero to marathon schedules and there's some conflicting view about the max and total mileage.

I was thinking or hoping that a weekly fast paced 3.25 mile run, a good 5.00 mile run and a 10 ish mile run one week replaced by a fortnightly long run (that increments it's mileage) might be OK.

Any thoughts? I do a lot of cycling so my time is divided between the two disciplines. Another thought was to do more cross country and be concerned with incrementing the length of time I run for rather than be too concerned about the mileage.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.