Half Marathon Plan

7 messages
13/02/2004 at 14:45
Aided by my trainer/lackey, i had a crazy scheme to run 50 half marathons in one year!!

i thought this might come close to being a record, but my bonfire was slightly pissed on by some woman doing 100 MARATHONS in ayear!!!

doh!!

any other crazy attempts out there?
cougie    pirate
13/02/2004 at 16:17
100 marathons in a year ?

That's gotta be some kind of compulsive disorder. Mad !

50 halves sounds a bit more doable, but not very much fun I would have thought.
13/02/2004 at 16:21
no, you'd have to be crazy to even do 50 half marathons!!Which i may just be

but 100 in a year!!

2 A WEEK!!!

it takes a normal person about aweek to recover from a half marathon!
13/02/2004 at 16:33
Are you sure it was 100 marathons in a year?

There is a club of people who have run a hundred marathons (including the forumite Shades), but I'm pretty sure none of them did them all in a year. Even Ranulf Feinnes found 7 in 7 days a struggle, and no-one would doubt his endurance.

What sort of preparation were you planning for your 50 halves? And what is your strategy (given there are very few between October and March in the UK) - will you go overseas to race, or get someone to measure you your own course?
13/02/2004 at 16:41
it was definitely 100 in a year!!some woman!!it got in the guiness book of records!

my policy was kind of half assed i must admit!!!

i was going to just do the half marathons instaed of traininG!!!

also i play football, and aggressivley too!!Probably would have got injured the day before!!

i played footy the day before the Marlow half marathon one year and got my best time ever!!even though it went into half an hour extra time!!
13/02/2004 at 16:51
Wow, that is seriously insane then!

I suppose there are plenty of people out there who do 13+m long runs every week, so 50 halfs is do-able, although I doubt you'd be able to "race" them as opposed to "running" them.

It's funny, I've done some of my best runs (don't race much, as there aren't that many close to me) after heavy gym sessions, and even after a spinning competition once.

Probably not the most advisable preparation, but if it works........
13/02/2004 at 16:54
i've noticed as i've got more into my running that i've watched my conduct on the pitch a bit more!!

play less aggressivley than i did!!

don't wanna hurt my lanky legs!!!

here on my own in amassive office til 6!!othes have bogged off!!

Just received some abuse from a co worker saying "it doesn't matter cos all you do is run anyway"

doh!any sympathy!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.