Half-marathon pre-training plan

3 messages
13/01/2013 at 16:54
I'm running in the Edinburgh half marathon in may (my first half). Most of the training plans I've looked at are 12 weeks (so would start early march). Just wondering what I should be concentrating on before then? Or does anyone know of any longer training plans? Thanks Will
13/01/2013 at 21:30

I've made plans longer just by repeating a few of the earlier weeks. Its also worth starting a week or so early just in case of illness/unforseen problems.

Good luck, make sure above all else you enjoy it!  

13/01/2013 at 22:01
Getting in some decent steady mileage, with the occassional tempo/fartlek session would be ideal preparation. A lot of plans often specify a recommeded weekly mileage you should be capable of before starting a plan. No point in peaking too early

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.