Handcycle & Wheelchair Entries In Races

4 messages
02/08/2002 at 11:38
I'm interested to find out which marathons, half-marathons, etc allow entries from wheelchair racers (apart from London). Also does anyone know of any races that accept entries from Handcyclists ?
02/08/2002 at 18:51
I think there are quite a few races that allow entries from wheelchairs. The Bournemouth 1/2 at the end of April is one I know about in the Dorset area. I think you'll find that most big races allow entry. Not sure about Handcyclists though. Sorry can't be of any more help.
02/08/2002 at 19:42
Ramsey hosts a half marathon and 5 mile race together and they had both wheels and hands thre last time i ran it. It's in early June i think.
Corby 5 in mid-late May is willing to host both.
05/08/2002 at 15:29
Inverness half marathon has a wheelchair section, although I don't think there have been any competitors the last 3 years (since I started running). I have no idea about hand cyclists, but I'm sure the organisers would be happy to discuss it.

www.invernesshalfmarathon.co.uk has contact details.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.