Has anyone ever been diagnosed with UNDER pronating?

Everyone always seems to be doing the opposite

8 messages
28/04/2013 at 11:17

Supposedly around 70-80% of people over-pronate. 

Which says a lot. 

I know what youre getting at and I'm sort of with you. 

28/04/2013 at 11:22

That's because the opposite of overpronation isn't underpronation it's supination.

And if you are neither, then you are neutral.

28/04/2013 at 11:25

I got some rather horrible tendonitis from over-supinating (ie underpronating).

This was caused by...some running shoes which were sold to me to stop me overpronating.

Now when I buy shoes I say thanks but I'd rather not have a gait analysis if it's all the same to you.

28/04/2013 at 11:33

It doesn't necessarily mean you weren't overpronating but it certainly means you were sold the wrong shoes - it is possible to overcorrect the problem.

28/04/2013 at 12:43

DF, i supinate. Although that means I can wear neutral shoes.

In fairness it's less damaging if you supinate wearing overpronating shoes, then the other way round, as there's less to correct.

To back that up, I ran my early half marathons in Nike Zoom Elites, which are tilted towards over pronators.

No problems....but in fairness the more you do and keener you get the more stuff that was never a problem in those carefree early days comes to light!

28/04/2013 at 12:45
chloella wrote (see)

I got some rather horrible tendonitis from over-supinating (ie underpronating).

This was caused by...some running shoes which were sold to me to stop me overpronating.

Now when I buy shoes I say thanks but I'd rather not have a gait analysis if it's all the same to you.

That's like getting bad advice off a doctor once, and the next time you get ill not bothering to go to a doctor!

28/04/2013 at 12:46

I am a doctor. I don't listen to a word I say!

28/04/2013 at 15:28
Stevie G . wrote (see)

That's like getting bad advice off a doctor once, and the next time you get ill not bothering to go to a doctor!

No, it's realising that you've been going to a homeopath.

Edited: 28/04/2013 at 15:28

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.