Have you ever been last in an event?

241 to 252 of 252 messages
14/12/2015 at 21:36

Alas I came last in my first trail 21km a few months back Tbh tho, it just spurs you on.

On the actual day, as was such an awesome run I didn't really care

31/12/2015 at 10:03

When I started doing cross country at school I'd never really run further than 3 miles before. One of my first races was 5 miles and I came last by quite a long way. I remember one of my teachers being great about it and encouraging me on. Really motivated me to improve and get better. Now, I'm aiming for a 2:50 marathon next year.

20/01/2016 at 12:12

I was close to last though. But I was taking my pace. I do not want to push myself so hard much so it was my first event. At the end, it was all worth it. I did not quit now that's an achievement for me.

25/01/2016 at 11:51

I started running in 2010 and did a 5km for charity and finished 38mins, poor time.  Then this a 10km and finished 1hr 05mins.  I wanted to run faster so I made a small investment here and achieved my best time for 5k and 10k and now training for my half marathon.  They have an offer now but I paid alot more....  money well spent... . .http://bbf1364n--w0fzeiuejftgey0m.hop.clickbank.net/

cougie    pirate
25/01/2016 at 12:15
Plenty of free schedules available all over the place... Who pays ? Only Numpties....
05/02/2016 at 19:48

Spammer two posts both with that link.

15/02/2016 at 10:41

Not quite. I was sixth last or so during my first ever 10k a week ago; four did not finish. Ended up about 2 minutes slower than I'd hoped but still got a new PR. Problem for me was a serious storm pretty much all the race from front or side which constantly pulled my legs away. Was good fun though. Still was a bit annoyed about the time and ran the same route again two days later during wonderful weather and was three minutes faster than at the race. Would not have improved my rank a lot, but I don't care. This is for me, not for others.

08/04/2016 at 12:07

Ive been last in an Ironman distance race with two competitors... 

17/04/2016 at 18:31

At the moment i`ll be glad when i`m fit enough to start a race lol

29/04/2016 at 11:29

i've lost track of the amount of races I've come last in, some by choice though as I've run with folks who I knew would be last in 

One race which was the Wolverhampton marathon I actually got more support being last with a fellow runner than I did another year when I ran it my myself and didn't come last haha

17/05/2016 at 13:17

Usually towards the back. Only once in my life have I finished in the top half (8th out of 17 in a XC a few years back) always get a good cheer towards the end though!

22/05/2016 at 00:10
I was the last one to cross the finish line at Draycote water half marathon last Sunday - I did the distance and wasn't doing it for the time as this was just a practice run to see if I could do it! Will work on the time for the cheltenham half in sept !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
241 to 252 of 252 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.