have you read "Born to run" ?

what did you think?

21 to 26 of 26 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
16/09/2012 at 08:40

I read it some time ago and apart from it being a very good read and inspirational re the tribe, I too had the impression that the author definitely has a beef with Nike.

Good point above about running in plimsolls, back when I started to run there were no specially made running shoes and I didn't suffer with injuries. The book hasn't made me go barefoot but OH and I both have a pair of Vibram 5-fingers, find them very comfortable.

16/09/2012 at 10:30

So why wear £100 Vibrams and not £3 plimsols? Isn't that just pandering to the shoe manufacturer's who want us to spend money on shoes we don't need?

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
16/09/2012 at 12:18

Don't know where you saw those, mine didn't cost anything like as much. And I wear them to walk in - not allowed to run again before Christmas.

17/09/2012 at 14:29
Regarding Scott Jurek I think it's worth bearing in mind he's sponsored by Brooks so isn't likely to be giving a totally unbiased account.
20/09/2012 at 16:17

I read this post and then bought the book; it's very good, thankyou and I've just ordered a set of vivobarefoot's to try 'em out.  I wish I tried some £3 plimsoles first, but couldn't find any.

And I joined the army in 1986 and we were issued plimsoles which we called 'slaps', and I can't remember having any problems with them, but I doubt we ran more than 3 to 6 miles in them at a time.

27/09/2012 at 06:18

lardarse: Good shout re pricing.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.