Having a poo

because I'm feeling a little juvenile

61 to 73 of 73 messages
20/12/2011 at 22:16
Sarah at least you had the excuse it was dark.
We once acquired a dog from a family whose cats he'd been taking too keen an interest in (we have no cats, which helps). We knew them already and knew he'd had a bit of a mysterious rash on his bum.
What happened about the rash, we asked at the handover, it seems to have gone...
"Ever since he stopped pooing in the nettles" they replied!

Greyhounds = dumb as logs. Nice, but seriously...
20/12/2011 at 22:27
Lol Fido, I've got two greyhounds - they're not all dumb all the time but all are dumb sometimes One of mine is so fussy it can take her almost half an hour before she decides that the patch of ground is good enough for her to poo on - she actually does a doggy cross legged dance while she looks for a better spot!
20/12/2011 at 22:31
Before I stepped over the embarrassment of taking my first dump outdoors (hasn't been a problem since) I often did a PB because those days after couple of miles from home, I SERIOUSLY needed to go so I had to do my running route as quick as possible so that I wouldnt shit in my pants.

Since I've learned to go in the bushes I've become rather lazy again and haven't beaten my PBs in ages
20/12/2011 at 22:33
Oh and would like to add, on the low visibility this time of the year -subject.. not so great if you're wearing hi-viz clothing!
Edited: 20/12/2011 at 22:33
20/12/2011 at 22:46
And watch out for those bloody lights with automatic sensors in the night! You think I'll just have to nip up this dark deserted alley for a quick tiddle and WHAM, you're caught like a rabbit in the headlights with your leggings round your knees (it's a girly problem)
21/12/2011 at 00:22
I remember once having to take a dump in a field, mid run.

All the cows in the field seemed dead interested and all crowded in to take a look. You simply cannot underestimate how intimidating 40 odd cows, encircling you and closing in for a better look can be. Seeing as my attempts to move the crowd on by, still in the squat position, waving my arms and optimisically shouting "shoo!", didnt work, i sensed all was not well and quickly made a decision to jump over the wall.

Once over, the group of jolly ramblers on the other side of the wall all did their best to be very British about the sight of a man jumping over a wall with his shorts round his ankles and simply looked into the distance as they passed and said "morning".

The worst mid run poo was outside an office in an industrial park in Leeds. I'm not proud of it but needs must.
Edited: 21/12/2011 at 00:31
21/12/2011 at 09:43
Elli Elf of the North Pole wrote (see)
Oh and would like to add, on the low visibility this time of the year -subject.. not so great if you're wearing hi-viz clothing!
Don't forget the headtorch too ... I had to pull up on an evening after-dark run recently. Twas for a pee rather than a poo but the same principle applies. I did of course switch off the big bright white beam on the front of the headtorch as I headed into the bushes away from the path. But forgot about the equally attention-grabbing flashing red lamp on the back. There might just as well have been a big neon sign over me: "hey everybody, there's a bloke taking a piss over here and he thinks you can't see him".
21/12/2011 at 10:13
Muttley, I love it!
It's like the drivers at the side of the road who think you don't know what they're doing. Unless, of course, they like standing looking at a patch of nettles...
21/12/2011 at 10:51
Artie, which part of Leeds are you? Was it you who I saw running past my house this morning
Edited: 21/12/2011 at 10:51
21/12/2011 at 10:56
This thread has made my morning...so much empathy. I always take tissues, just in case, if I'm out for more than 90 mins, especially if beer and/or curry was partaken the night before. Despite immodium, I have major issues on race days, even if it's just 10k let alone a marrafun and can't stop going up until the gun. Suppose it's a subconscious weight reduction thing!
Saw one poor girl at Rotterdam suffering tremendously at Rotterdam and wondered "Why didn't you stop" but it helped me speed up slightly and avoid the cut off that year (Twas a bit hot and fter 100+ runners were hospitalised they were stopping 4hr+ runners at 30k)
21/12/2011 at 17:38

Why would you want to avoid the cut-off T-C?

I think its the best bit

21/12/2011 at 18:00

before i made big and obvious changes to my diet, the general drill would go like this....

set out...feel fine, few miles, start to get a bit of burbling in the stomach, few more miles, this is getting uncomfy but will be ok...before...this won't be ok...30secs to combustion, and then massive unleashing.

Then wondering how i'd ever run with that onboard

21/12/2011 at 18:16
There is clearly a market for reversible hiviz vests with camo on the back - velcro so you can switch quick.

You do see all sorts of interesting plants, beetles etc etc while "spending time" inside bushes though. Also I did once get caught short 30 secs before a thunderstorm so kept fairly dry as I was sheltered by the foliage, so it's not ALL bad...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 73 of 73 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.