High Maximum Heart Rate

21 to 25 of 25 messages
Dustboy    pirate
27/11/2005 at 18:02
200 plus on a downhiller is a bit toppy. Unless you are 12 second miling.

Deffo suggest try another HRM.

27/11/2005 at 18:42
Hi everyone
Am certainly going to try another moniter, though I was sprinting downhill - love it!(not Snowdon today though - too icy - Cwm Penaman) I have to say - it seems less work on my lungs but I guess my legs have to go round faster so my heart goes faster....hmmm ameater sports physiology thoughts on it here! I suspect from what you are all saying there is something amiss with my moniter. I doubt I am 12 sec miling! LOL

Dustboy    pirate
27/11/2005 at 22:10
OK, so I am busting to say something about it's t do with being with the Welsh. >>ducks<<
LOK
28/11/2005 at 21:31
i like coug's comment about having legs on backwards

emma
my hr has been 205 without me feeling like i am gonna be sick and keel over (which i think is true max hr type feeling)

i guess i could be a 210 or even 215 max
but i haven't ever pushed it up to that
and
i can't imagine being in the 230's ever

and mine is always on the uphill not down

one thing though
sometimes you're on the downhill by the time you look down at your hrm
and hrm can sometimes lag a few secs behind actual hr

but if you're seeing that several minutes later then it is a bit weird

maybe underground elec cables?

or you've found the bermuda triangle/the "force"/ some other scifi zone

or if you carry a mobile phone or something ??? but that wouldn't explain why it keeps happening in the same place

very interested to hear results of trying another hrm
LOK
28/11/2005 at 23:28
Can do 185 down hill and 197 up hill but going dizzy and feeling sick, and I'm 42.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.