Hills!

Love them or hate them?

7 messages
04/07/2005 at 18:11
Decided while out for a run today that I love hills!! ;0)

You get a great sense of achievement when you reach the top of them: Running down the other side reminds me of being a kid and fleeing down the steepest hill I could find in my roller boots totally out of control, not knowing how I was gonna stop when I got 2 the bottom, FAB!
04/07/2005 at 18:26
I like the pain of pushing hard on a pace run when you are climbing but tend to suffer a bit coming down the other side - you have to be careful of those old knee joints at my age ;)
04/07/2005 at 18:30
love 'em. I do a 2xweekly session of 12 reps of a 300m hill - 55secs up, 2 mins down. Much prefer it to the flat 6x1k session because I find it hard to concentrate that hard for 3.5mins, but 55secs is okay
04/07/2005 at 18:38
R u a Duran fan Blackers?

I only ask cos I used have every square inch of my bedroom covered in Duran posters etc when I was a teenager, including the ceiling and the furniture. Was madly in love with Simon LeBon, not sure why, he hasn't aged to well, but there's no accounting for taste when ur a teenager. ;0)
04/07/2005 at 23:19
Hills are great, probably becuase I am useless at even paced running.

just come back form the Verdon Canyon trail race in the south of france. 8000 metres of climb(27,000 feet) , 8000 metres of descent, and in proper sun soaked weather. It doesnt get much better.
04/07/2005 at 23:29
hills good. like overtaking on them and making it look easy (even though it's not!)
04/07/2005 at 23:40
presuming its a looped course and not point to point, if you go up you must come down....and downs are almost speed for free.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.