Hot After Long Sunday Run

10 messages
NTL
04/11/2002 at 16:25
Can anyone help me with a minor problem.

Sometimes after my long Sunday run I find that I can be subject to sweating and high tempatures hours after the run. This normally occurs if the run has either been longer or faster than usual and normally happens when I do anything even remotely physical, like the washing up for example ! This is obviously not a major problem just an irritant.
04/11/2002 at 16:33
I'm the opposite - as soon as I cool down (i.e. about 20 mins after my shower) I get really cold, and I usually end up with the heating on full blast and wearing a fleece jacket for a couple of hours. I tend to overheat when I'm running; hats and gloves come off after about a mile even in freezing weather, so I've always assumed that my body just isn't too good at regulating temperature. I do find that I can feel my heartbeat increasing very quickly for minimal efforts after a hard run though.
05/11/2002 at 18:46
get the wife to do the washing up is my answer
NTL
06/11/2002 at 08:42
That sounds like a really excellent idea.

Thank you Suzi Q.
06/11/2002 at 08:50
I find that after a run a good way to stop myself sweating for hours after is to turn the water temperature to cool at the end of a shower. I think this closes all the skins pores and normally has the desired effect.
06/11/2002 at 11:21
thats presuming you have a wife of course, if not you'll have to carry on doing the washing up yourself :-)
NTL
06/11/2002 at 11:23
Susi Q,

I don't have a wife but the girlfriend is a hot little number :-)

Mr Silly,

Thank you, I will give that a try.
06/11/2002 at 11:34
if your girlfriend is a hot little number then maybe thats why your feeling hot. Is she at home waiting for you when you get back from your runs?
NTL
06/11/2002 at 12:22
Susi Q,

Yes she is and come to think of it the more I see of her the hotter I get. Maybe Mr Silly's shower idea can help with this ?
06/11/2002 at 12:37
there's your answer then, lots of cold showers.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.