Hot Gym

21 to 33 of 33 messages
15/05/2009 at 11:29
*a cool drink - as opposed to a hot one. like you'd be taking a brew in the gym or something
15/05/2009 at 11:56

I think I'd much rather have an injured hip than be taking meds that make me heat intolerant.... Injured hips can be looked after and mended - chronic illnesses are yours for life. Back to the point...

put some ice cubes in your water bottle to keep it cooler

see if you can plug a fan in near the treadmill - if they don't have one then take your own

go to the gym early in the morning if you can when it's cooler

wet your towel so that you can wipe the sweat off with something cool

as for the session - I guess you could gently warm up and then do hill reps on the tready - you'll be knackered in no time - or do a speed session if the tready is fast enough: 5x1min @ 16k with 2 mins rest or something. 

Sorry I can't help any more.

Good luck.

15/05/2009 at 12:09

injured hip - stress fractured femur - yeah same thing.

you jester.

15/05/2009 at 12:16

Jesus christ, does EVERY thread have to turn into a "Look at me, I am so poor hard doneby" D2D?, was it really neccesary to put "Make the most of it - I can't get out 'cause I'm injured! Wish a hot gym is all I had to worry about!"

I mean, I am sorry for you leg and everything, but by god am I getting bored to flipping death of hearing about it.

15/05/2009 at 12:26

D2D -I didn't know you had a stress fracture as I can't keep up with all your threads.
But I would still rather have your stress fracture which will heal IF YOU LET IT than whatever problem causes someone to be heat and sun intolerant. I've seen this type of problem first hand and believe me, believe me your stress fracture is NOTHING, NOTHING in comparison

This thread isn't about you.

Edited: 15/05/2009 at 13:02
15/05/2009 at 13:10

LOL, I love this forum so so comic.

Back to the point.  I would suggest the odd weights session for your 20 mins.  If you walk to the gym, that's your warm up.  And how about swimming to mix it up a bit?

(May be repeating things, sorry, but only time to skim read).

Good luck

15/05/2009 at 16:54

Ho ho.

Danowatever.

And Jester - I stand (or rather, balance on one leg) incorrected. To have a heat and sun intolerance must be terrible. Can only imagine how bloated it makes you feel. The sun has a lot of carbs, so I've heard.

15/05/2009 at 18:35
You're really not a nice person, are you? I really hope you're a troll and deliberately winding people up. If not, I think I feel sorry for you as you're obviously not a well person.
17/05/2009 at 13:12

I thought this was a thread about gym sessions, not D2D's injury...

D2D - shut up, rest, and let it heal

As for the gym sessions, I know a fellow runner who's asperger's and with that has trouble with extremes of temperature. Perhaps try and take a break after 20 mins in the gym and then go back, just a walk around the block or something to cool down, then you get 40 minutes gym time - even if it does have to be split.

17/05/2009 at 13:26

Intervals??- 400m with 200m rest breaks- on a tready at 1 degree incline- 30 minutes of that kills me!. Ice wrapped in towel- or put your towel in the freezer at home, and take it along in a cool bag so it's still cold? 

Complain to someone in writing.

18/05/2009 at 16:19

25c is too hot.

ASk them to turn it down, if they dont write a letter and complain....I am sure there are 'guidelines' as to how hot somewhere should be..(unlike cold...where it has to be above a certain temp)

...not sure about cardio side of things as to what would be 'best'....but doing some 'core' strength work, work on glutes also would be a good use of time.

18/05/2009 at 16:23
...or run like a crazy fool....give yourself heat stroke....blame it on the gym....sue them!?
18/05/2009 at 19:51
only worth it if I'd get enough compensation to build my own gym

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.