hotels near finish of london marathon 2013

11 messages
04/09/2012 at 17:42

hi

i am looking to book my hotel for london next year and am looking for any info on the best hotels that dont cost an arm and a leg some where near the finish as its my first marathon and dont want to be walking far after also if they have transport to start would be a bonus as well )

cheers

cougie    pirate
04/09/2012 at 18:14

Anywhere in central London will do you. It finishes on the Mall.

It wont be that cheap though - this IS London.

As to transport - go to Charing Cross station in the morning and follow the VLM plastic bags.......

04/09/2012 at 21:24
Rather than a hotel, have you tried looking on www.airbnb.com? It's people offering their spare room, cheaper and you may find something locally (but I'd say a hotel at the start line is better than the finish!)
04/09/2012 at 21:39

Club Quarters on Northumberland Avenue.

04/09/2012 at 21:42
The central London youth hostels are private ensuite rooms as good as a budget hotel.
05/09/2012 at 06:20

my wife and little boy and mother are coming so need a hotel within walking distance of finish not a cheap weekend to run but worth it

Edited: 05/09/2012 at 06:21
05/09/2012 at 09:25

Hi I used to live not far away from the finish! Areas I would consider include:

Eccleston Square/Hugh Street/St George's Drive - you'll pay around £120+ a night here and its not as nasty as other parts of Victoria can be for hotels!
Further down in Pimlico is a days inn which is worth a look but I cant remember which road it is on. Its basic though.
Picadilly - you'll pay more for a hotel around here, but it is very close and you wont have to walk around the course to get back
County Hall/Waterloo way - you can cross the river at the footbridge and its about the same price as Eccleston Sq here

Or if you want cheap look at something like Earls Court and tube from Victoria which isnt far from the Mall either, but everyone will be going that way.

Its a pricey part of London - if you truely want to be within waking distance these two places are lovely:
Le Meriden - Piccadilly
Crown Plaza on Buckingham Gate

05/09/2012 at 10:29

County Hall. There's a Holiday Inn that's part of it and offers very reasonable prices. It's just across Westminster Bridge by the London Eye - an easy 15 minute walk from the finish.

05/09/2012 at 17:12
Cheers will look at them :0)
13/09/2012 at 13:46

http://www.comfortinnvictoria.co.uk/

Stayed here a couple of times when doing London. Recommended as it's very close to the finish and reasonably priced.

13/09/2012 at 17:47

hi i finaly booked best western for £232 for 2 night with my wife and son so not to bad with breakfast as well just got to work out how to get to pcik my number up now

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.