How far am I running?

5 messages
21/10/2002 at 15:31
What is the best way to know what distance you are running when out and about town? I am a beginner and although I know for eg how long it takes me to complete a particular route, I have no idea how far it is. I have one of those silly pedometers, but I think it is suspect. I was thinking of driving the route and using the milometer but can't do this in a park...
21/10/2002 at 15:40
Do you (or anyone you know) have a bike with a cycle computer? Most of my routes have been measured that way. Using a map and a bit of string, then measuring the distance against the scale at the bottom is also a common and fairly simple method.
21/10/2002 at 16:02
Oh yes! I have got one of those... I'll try that. Thank you very much
22/10/2002 at 09:32
Try software such as Mapper - download from http://www.littleredfrog.com/mapper
It lets you download maps from the internet (e.g. Streetmap.co.uk or Multimap) and draw your route directly onto it.

More accurate (and eco-friendly) than driving the route, and can go places even a bike can't!
Ratbag    pirate
22/10/2002 at 09:44
Sian,

If you can afford it, try Auotoroute. It is pretty accurate and works on or off road.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.