How Fast...

...Any advice

1 message
22/03/2005 at 17:41
I have just completed my second half marathon recording a time of 1 hour 22 mins. I want to set myself a new goal but don’t really know what that should be. Does anyone know how I may set myself a realistic target?

I have been running seriously for a little over 12 months and my previous (and only other) half marathon was the same race last year when I finished in 1hour 27mins. I did use a HRM during my training and the race. My average on race day was 164 BPM, which is faster than I would normally average when training. My resting HR is 40 and my max about 190 giving me a WHR of about 150. I am 42.

Should I just try and up my training intensity and see where that takes me, or should I be more scientific about it? Advice gratefully received.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.