How long does Carb Gel take mouth to muscle & solid food like flapjack etc?

21 to 29 of 29 messages
16/03/2013 at 22:08

Which I guess is the reason that DTES doesn't think all runners are retards that need his guidance.  But I don't understand why the trolling basket is stalking me.

cougie    pirate
16/03/2013 at 22:12
You're making no sense Canute.

Dave isn't stalking you - he's already posted on the thread.

Maybe you're stalking him ?
16/03/2013 at 22:20

No Cougie, sorry, he pops up all the time... very limited.

16/03/2013 at 22:23

some threads on this website are becoming very bizarre.

Anyway drink in moderation and gels about 20 minutes to kick in. Personally I cant chew when running so flap jacks arent an option.

lots of weirdos about at the mo on here!

16/03/2013 at 22:38

I wouldn't touch gels. Whn I was young and knaive i took em, and threw up.  Who needs that many calories/carbs and even if you did, how is your body going to break em down.  Better off with sugar cubes.

16/03/2013 at 22:48

PAC76 it's called bullying, work it out yourself.

17/03/2013 at 09:06
Interesting .... Checking back all I suggested was what ever you are thinking of using, try it out whilst you are training..

That way you can see if flapjack, gels, chemicals, foam bananas or even pork pies work for you
17/03/2013 at 15:53
I've just done the Rome marathon today, normally I use gels but didn't bring any, thought I'd buy some at the expo, but they wanted ??2-3 each for a gel?! So I thought they could go stuff 'em selves!

Bought the cheapest jelly sweets I could find, ate one every mile (never done this before, I don't try things out in training, don't take extra energy in training) and I was literally buzzing with energy, shame my legs were knackered!

So I don't know, I don't know how long gels take to digest or sweets, but I'll never waste my money on gels again.
K80
17/03/2013 at 17:03
Well done Lardy. I'll take your advice on this one. Have a cracking recovery evening.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.