How many pairs of runnin shoes do you own

How many is too many?

21 to 40 of 44 messages
17/01/2013 at 14:34

i feel inadequate.

17/01/2013 at 15:04

1 x road (usually 2 but I just binned the oldest pair)

2 x trail

1 x 'barefoot'

17/01/2013 at 15:33

My wife & kids make me have an annual shoe cull.
In fairness in terms of road shoes, I'm a little 'light' at the moment (3 pairs), although some of the old , worn out pairs are still around for wearring to the pub/tescos etc.
4 pairs off road ones, 2 xc spikes, 2 track spikes.
Dont get me started on how many pairs of casual trainers.

17/01/2013 at 15:41

Brooks for the road, adidas kanadia for mud.

17/01/2013 at 16:10

The wife thinks I chuck a pair out whenever I buy a new pair - ha ha ha!

2 current pairs of road shoes

2 pairs for road racing (though one pretty much done)

1 minimalist off road pair

1 bulky off road pair

1 pair of screwshoes

1 pair of track spikes

3 old pairs for knocking about in

So 8 for running and 3 general

17/01/2013 at 17:18

I've got:

5 pairs of Nike Pegasus

1 pair of Nike Pegasus Trail

4 pairs of the Nike Pegasus are worn out (ish). I wear one pair for gardening and similar tasks, I should either chuck the rest out or start wearing them for day to day walking.

Going to need another pair of road shoes soon, I like to start wearing the new ones in long before the old ones start to wear out. Probably be yet another pair of Nike Pegasus...

20/01/2013 at 16:40

You guys make me feel good, i thought i was due a cull but it would appear i should hang on to what i have...

2 x cascadia trail (1 broken pair but cant quite make it to the bin)

1x saucony progrid for road (newish, only 1 marathon old)

1x saucony progrid old road runners - demoted to use for the gym

1x asics for walking the dog coz they were no good for anything else

20/01/2013 at 17:06
Oh dear

At the moment I have...

2 x Newton motion that I use for long distance road
1 x Newton distance racer for short stuff
1 x inov8. 230's mainly shorter road when it's wet or cold due to Newton poor grip
1 x brooks pure grit nice dry summer trails
2 x merrell mix master long distance trail (1pair in box still)
2 x la Sportiva cross lites for more technical trail (1 pair still in box)
1 x saucony mirage which only get used when injured + need more stability
1 x brooks pure flow in post wanted some cushioned road shoes

Plus a few pairs of shoes that I tried and don't like but don't want to get rid of... Mizuno wave inspire, nb 110's, 5 fingers, Adidas kanadias, vivo barefoots, think that's it!!!
21/01/2013 at 12:50

Lots, some going in the bin soon

21/01/2013 at 13:20

2160, DS Trainer, Adizero Ace and Lunaracers brand new still in the box that were a bargain so bought them. Saucony Ride, Lunarglides, Mizuno Elixir, Adizero XT, Saucony Fastwitch and XC spikes in use. You can't have too many pairs, like bikes, the correct number of pairs to own is one more than you already have.

21/01/2013 at 13:31

Did a race on Sunday, got a flyer for a local shop that offered £15 off a pair of shoes if you hand in your old ones. If you're ditching old shoes it might be worth seeing if anyone else has a similar deal.

22/01/2013 at 23:05

this is a seriously fascinating thread

25/01/2013 at 09:51

I currently have four pairs.

1.Nike Shox Turbo + 12. Shox are my trainer of choice. Only downside is the heel wears out very quickly compared to other trainers. They are very comfortable though and make me run at my fastest. When I trained for my first ever race years ago I hadn't prepared for wear and tear and about two weeks before the race the heel started to degrade very quickly. Come race day I was worried that the heel would completely break off and I wouldn't finish the race (They held up...just)
Still have them in my shoe closet as a reminder to always have a broken into back-up pair ready.

2. Nike LunarGlide+ 4 iD. My first pair of lunars (testing to see if Lunars are any good) not worn these very much, except the break them in slightly, as am saving them for when I retire my shoxs in March/April.

3. Nike Shox NZ+. Not in good enough condition to train in so I use these mostly at the gym.

4. Nike Free Run+. Lasted 600 miles so far and are in great condition. The big downside is that I run a lot slower in these so they're demoted to my short runs/ holiday trainers are these are light and flexible for packing.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
26/01/2013 at 10:59

I don't dare count - in our storeroom I have an entire 6-ft long shelf piled with running shoes. OH is even worse - he has two shelves full!

26/01/2013 at 11:14

1x Nike free runs (favourites at the moment)

1x Nike zoom structure +15 stability style shoes

1x Nike Lunarfly +3 trail running shoes

1x Adidas Hagio racing flats

1x Mizuno long distance running track spikes 

1x old New Balance pair used for school but even then only sometimes, very heavyh get clogged with mud incredibly easily!

So thats 6 pairs and I recently just threw two pairs old pairs that had had it away!

26/01/2013 at 14:34

I definitely need to get a couple more pairs now then! I currently have the following

1 x Kinvara 2 (nearing the end)

2 x Kinvara 3 (on offer so got 2 pairs)

1 x Brooks Pure Cadence

I want to some trail running so will add a pair of trail shoes soon and also New Balance Minimus roads shoes as well.

26/01/2013 at 14:42

Blimey, I'm very moderate compared to you lot!  I've got 5

2 Asics Gel Cumulus road shoes.  One newer pair for my day to day road runs, one ancient pair that I use for particularly muddy runs through Epping Forest.  

A cheapy pair of Karrimor trail shoes for slightly less muddy runs

A pair of very swanky Brooks Pure Drift minimal shoes that I got for free as a RW tester

A pair of cheap / crap but clean Asics shoes that I keep at work for using the dreadie- to avoid the wrath of the woman who runs works' gym and hates me for clogging up her machine with mud

01/02/2013 at 17:18

Goodness I feel a bit inadequate as well....

I have two pairs of inov 8 road shoes - one wearing out and one newish pair,

One pair off road barefoot

One pair of semi off road barefoot.

That me done!

01/02/2013 at 19:55
3 road cushioned
2 off road
2 light weight racers or short runs.
1 new kswiss - arrived today not checked them yet!
Plus old scrappy ones.....
01/02/2013 at 20:19

8 pairs I think, including a pair of racers and 3 pairs of spikes

21 to 40 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.