How much running should I start with?

2 messages
26/10/2012 at 17:50
Hi everyone, I need some good sound advice, especially from any running coaches or runners who have been through similar circumstances. I ran Chester 3 weeks ago in a time of 3:12. Going into the race I had a couple of niggles and I guess running a marathon turned at least one of them into a fully blown injury. I feel like I might be able to attempt running again from Monday as I've not been able to for the 3 weeks, but I have no idea how much running I can get away with after not running for 3 weeks? Can anyone advise me? Many thanks
27/10/2012 at 06:15

You won't have really lost any fitness in 3 weeks, so from that point of view you could go out and probably run anything you want!

However, the real issue is your injury/injuries and whether or not they have healed.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.