How quick have you improved?

21 to 22 of 22 messages
18/03/2012 at 19:17

Thanks bluenose - by not predicting any times, I hope that will relieve my of any pressure in May - I'm just aiming to run on feel and see what the clock says at the end.. I also only run 5 days and hope that by the end of summer I can emulate that sort of mileage. My current thinking is get through the summer in one piece and then get a good cross country season under my belt, and then get a bit more serious on my training in 2013.

PRF, thanks for sharing that, its really inspiring to see your progression - you seemed to get to a reasonable pace (6min miles) quite quickly (by early 2009) - how did you manage that without injuring your self on speed work?? What sort of mileage and quality were you doing?? The parkruns looked to be a staple of your schedule - I guess they helped to get the legs moving? When I did my 5k a couple of weeks back the legs actually had more to give but I was running my HR at 185 for most of the run! The last mile was almost all uphill and I just got it under 9minutes, maxing my HR out at 195 in the process!! The two guys in front of me were walking up the steep bits....

18/03/2012 at 19:25
Darola - If you read the 'Background' section here that should give you an idea of how I built the robustness.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.