Humiliation

21 to 25 of 25 messages
17/07/2009 at 17:18

My dad said that to me LB - blimmin competitive dads!

This thread did make me laugh though!

21/07/2009 at 16:41

I remember one at my daughter's playgroup. One family took the whole thing so seriously - mum, dad, daughter (even at 4) all turned up in full running kit (might even have been spikes !). Mum and daughter duly won the spoils. The dad got absolutely hammered by a dad who just pitched up from work in his suit and work shoes - he was slipping all over the place but still won. The competitive dad's face was a picture !

We'll gloss over where I finished !!! 

Ika
24/07/2009 at 10:49

At my daughters sports day they were asking for women to take part in the mum's race. One of the other mums said ' Go on Ika, you run don't you ? '  To which I replied ' Not in a push up bra, I don't  ! ' 

Seemed like a good excuse - I was actually scared of coming last as I'm more of a distance runner than a sprinter.

Lack of appropriate underwear didn't seem to worry the mum who came first, mind you.  And don't the dad's take it seriously - shirts off and elbows out .......  

25/07/2009 at 19:10
I'm known as the local running nut as I drop my kids at school in my gear, then run home. When I lined up at our mum's race, apparently everyone was assuming I'd win. When the Head teacher shouted 'go', everyone else seemed to have crossed the line before I'd even got half way, so I resorted to my usual jog and waved as I finished!! My 2 sons who witnessed this were mortified. So at least I managed to embarrass my sons in front of all their friends!
25/07/2009 at 20:44
Ali, I always think if I can't do well in something, embarrassing my children is the next best thing

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.