I am Premier League

My challenge for 2013

1 to 20 of 27 messages
17/07/2012 at 08:12

Hi everyone, have got a bit of a running challenge lined up for next year and am looking for support/help. Please take a few minutes to have a look at my site and see if you can do anything for me, even if it is just cheering me past your front door

http://breathefitnessandevents.wordpress.com/i-am-premier-league/

Thanks

17/07/2012 at 09:31
As a fellow Spurs fan, I wish you the best of luck on this huge journey. One thing, as a true football fan, I think you really need to drop the MK Dons part. A franchise and not the real Wimbledon. Other than that, wow, great challenge. I've always fancied doing the London ground hop, funnily enough. Finishing at the Lane, nice touch.
17/07/2012 at 10:35

Cheers PL, the Wimbledon debate will rage whatever which is why I am covering all bases, the politics of it are not something I want to get involved in, in fact some may say I'm being as selfish as choosing MK just because is nicely placed to break up the route from the Midlands to Southampton

17/07/2012 at 10:49

I don't know if this is any help, but Crystal Palace to Charlton is pretty much the route of the "Green Chain Walk", which is a network of paths linking green bits of London.  It won't be the most direct route but it will be scenic, and might come in handy for route planning even if you want to get from A to B as quickly as possible.

Good luck!

It doesn't appear to like the link for some reason:  http://www.greenchain.com/intro.php

Edited: 17/07/2012 at 10:51
17/07/2012 at 11:37

Thanks Phil, looks good!

17/07/2012 at 11:42

Guessing this is the section I want? http://www.greenchain.com/walks/section-11.php Just need to get from Selhurst Park to it and then off it for Charlton?

17/07/2012 at 21:16
Nice idea!

Unfortunately I live out in the 'burbs of Surrey, so can't help in any practical way, but I really like the idea....
17/07/2012 at 21:49
mattoo wrote (see)

Guessing this is the section I want? http://www.greenchain.com/walks/section-11.php Just need to get from Selhurst Park to it and then off it for Charlton?

Not quite.  That section is heading north from Crystal Palace towards Nunhead/Peckham.  The sections you want are 5, 6, 8 and 10, which would take you from Charlton to Crystal Palace in a West/South-West direction.  As I say, it's a scenic route, something like 15 miles compared to 9 miles quickest route by road, so it depends how much time you've got to play with, but the walk itself is well signposted so would be a fun way to do it.

...Actually I've just realised Selhurst Park is another couple of miles south of Crystal Palace park itself. All good fun though innit. 

If you do fancy/have got time for a bit of off-road, look up the Capital Ring of which the Green Chain Walk is just the South Eastern section.  Might link up another few grounds?

17/07/2012 at 22:26

Excellent challenge.  I'll pop the link on my running club's facebook group.  We're based in North East London 

18/07/2012 at 11:49

Thanks Phil, will need to have a good look at it, time should be on my side by the time I reach London I hope...

Thanks Nessie.

Paxton Lee I have your message, much appreciated, will get back to you later.

15/09/2012 at 07:59
J1M
16/09/2012 at 23:45
I run the green chain route from Crystal Palace park through to dulwich park via Sydenham woods regularly.

It beats the roads in my view, some nice little hills to keep it interesting too.
J1M
22/09/2012 at 08:21

So you will be joining me and showing me the way J1M?

J1M
22/09/2012 at 08:57
I will happily join you for a leg or two around Selhurts park, plough lane or charlton.

When do you expect to be in this area?
J1M
02/11/2012 at 13:01

Hi J1M am planning to do AFC WImbledon to Plough Lane to Selhurst Park to Charlton on 18 April. Sorry for the late rely, have added this to my favourites now as don't usually use RW much

02/11/2012 at 14:20

Mattoo  - Everton - Villa route through Mersey Tunnel not usually a pedestrian route have you permission otherwise Runcorn Bridge only way over River Mersey if you wish to run all the way I think! I live near Chester I would happily run with you 10-15 miles if you need support!

02/11/2012 at 16:31

That would be great RobT, common consensus is ferry across the mersey....

04/11/2012 at 08:35

I don't have a route apart from the rac ones. Most places I am relying on local knowledge so would love your input. I am aware that the Sheffield to Manchester route will be one of the tougher sections so go for your life....

07/11/2012 at 20:50

Thanks Cake

02/12/2012 at 19:31

Finally got sponsorship page sorted, took ages for Breakthro to get registered. Feel free to share or donate http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MattRogersonispremierleague 

1 to 20 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.