I got my medal thank you!!!

221 to 225 of 225 messages
24/04/2012 at 12:28
It's soon going to take longer to read this that it took the OP to stroll 26.2 miles
24/04/2012 at 23:16

For the first time I went down to actually see the London Marathon.

I was standing outside Buck House at the 300 yard point before the runners turn right to meet royalty.

I saw a quick glimpse of the winner of the mens race and the first British guy home as well as the womens wheelchair race.

Things I saw and heard and felt;

1. The wheelchair athletes go at an unearthly speed and may in fact be in league with the devil.

2. Running at 4.20 pace really doesnt look fast even when your spitting distance from the runner.

3. That bald bloke in his late 40's running with small steps hardly swinging his arms is according to his friend capable of running a 2:20 marathon but has a chest infection this marathon so will be happy with his finish time of 2:30.

4.Being able to  finish the London Marathon before the little orange cones are taken away at the 300 yards to go point should be the only deciding factor of who is allowed to have and raise children.

5. Finally any runner who can get home before the afore mentioned little orange cones are taken away and still have the presence of mind and strength to blow a kiss to the crowd or raise their hands to applaud the crowd ( actually saw both)should be allowed to walk into Buck House and ask for tea and have it served while they post run stretch in the Grand Ball Room

25/04/2012 at 07:24
Wasn't number 5 Liz Yellings entrance to the mall?
09/05/2012 at 10:49

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/may/08/paralysed-claire-lomas-london-marathon?newsfeed=true

09/05/2012 at 12:02

I think getting round 26.2 miles on foot is an achievement, regardless of whether you run, walk or hop it. Or a mix of all three!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
221 to 225 of 225 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.