I KNOW I CAN DO IT

THANKYOU

10 messages
03/08/2002 at 16:34
I just want to say a very big thankyou to all those who got me through my bad patch last week Thanks V-rep for encouraging me to go out running on Thursday night. It turned out to be the best run i had ever had, even my foot which i have have had problems with for about 3 weeks didn't give me any probs.

I went out with a group most of them a lost faster tham me,we all got lost and i got left behind, way behind. It turned out that i did most of the run on my own but because i was playing catch up i ran faster and further than i had ever ran. Only about 70mins but that is far for me. and i didn't feel any pain in my thighs, tired legs but not painfull legs.

today i was determind to go further than that so i could build up to my half marathon. got lost again this timei was on my own. Had a great time really enjoyed myself. Was able to get a lot of thing sorted out in my head.
I ended up running for 100mins. I know you shouldn't build up distance that fasr but i got lost and wanted to get home as soon as pos.

I now know that i can do this thank to you lost and your support.
My legs ach so much but that will pass.

I can do this. I can do this.

THANK YOU

JEN.

By the way i have a new identity too
Jelly bean. That is what my friends call me. don't ask me why.
03/08/2002 at 17:48
Well done Jelly Bean. Everybody gets the scrubby bits from time to time. Glad you've gotten through it. Keep letting us know what you're up to!

Marj
03/08/2002 at 18:57
Really well done!
(I have to ask though - why jelly bean?!!)Simon
03/08/2002 at 20:41
Well done Jelly Bean! My favourite marathon training sweets-YUM!
BK
03/08/2002 at 22:28
What's this Hilly, a new picture every day. Whatever happened to a long lens or fill in flash.

Nice one Jelly Bean, keep up the good work
04/08/2002 at 08:24
Sorry Blue Knees, very amateur photographers in my household. I think I'll stick to this picture for a few days and then I'll most probably get fed up with it and look for another!
04/08/2002 at 09:48
Well done, Jelly Bean. That sounds like a serious amount of running, and the main thing is that you've discovered that running isn't always a chore but can be a pleasure.

Now - this is not a kick up the bum and I'm talking to myself as much as to you - don't forget that the training effect takes place on REST days!

You're well on track for a good half-marathon now.

Cheers, V-rap.
04/08/2002 at 10:33
I see what you mean V-Rap.

I am a bit stif today and my foot is giving me a bit of jip. Nothing that a good days rest want cure. Will do a short/fast run tomorrow and hopfully will not get lost this time! I'm glad i did it though i proved to myself that it can be done.

Wht Jelly Bean, well jelly is fat and wobbly and about 18 months ago i was very fat and i wabbled in all the wrong places and now all my friends think i lok like a beanpole (i don't realy) hence jelly bean.
cant stand them myself to sweet.

see you later,

Jen
04/08/2002 at 11:57
Well done Jelly. Great to hear. Best of luck.
04/08/2002 at 21:41
Good stuff Jelly old Bean! Does anyone else pretend they are Paul Tergat when they are out running? Why aren't I Kenyan?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.