I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

181 to 200 of 257 messages
07/05/2013 at 20:53

Literatin - ahhhhh. I fear that that tactic might be a little too sophisticated for him, given  his brain has been replaced with an oversized and *slightly* unfounded ego, covered by a very thick layer of skin. 

08/05/2013 at 09:09

Kaffeeg - everything you say is correct.

It just seems like our DF3 wasnt cuddled enough - and might lighten up a little with a little feint praise for his 'efforts'.

You are right though - there are those who try hard and dont get a 'good' time and there are those who dont try at all and dont get a 'good' time. He's clearly the latter.

08/05/2013 at 09:12
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
I cant believe Kaffee won't congratulate me.

Surely just crossing the finishing line is an achievement?

Was the finish line still there after so long ?

08/05/2013 at 09:15

Bored with Fetch already, DF3?  You can't have been trying hard enough.  Seems to be a running theme for you.

08/05/2013 at 09:31
Yup finishing line was still there Dave

I watched it and told everyone who wanted to take it they could do it as df3 was still on his way.
08/05/2013 at 09:33
Jindalee wrote (see)
Yup finishing line was still there Dave

I watched it and told everyone who wanted to take it they could do it as df3 was still on his way.

He wasn't last as well was he Jindalee?

08/05/2013 at 09:36
Nope he wasn't but I didnt know that at the time ... Otherwise I could have gone home lol
08/05/2013 at 09:55
Rob Jude wrote (see)

not sure if its connected to a sore neck which i sometimes have - as that tends to be on the same side aswell.

getting old sucks and i am 31

I was the last guy to finish LOL! 

"guy"............   Open to debate with that time

08/05/2013 at 10:03
I was the last guy to finish LOL!

Apparently 3 people finished behind me, 2 of them were old age pensioners and the other one had polio as a child.

I bet they are working on their 5k times as we speak to make sure it doesn't happen again

08/05/2013 at 11:43

If I could be bothered I'd dig up the ancient post where DF3 says he would finish in the 'top half of any given field' and quote it properly.

08/05/2013 at 11:58
Apparently 3 people finished behind me, 2 of them were old age pensioners and the other one had polio as a child.

Never diss old people. They're normally fantastic at marathons.

08/05/2013 at 12:04
literatin wrote (see)

If I could be bothered I'd dig up the ancient post where DF3 says he would finish in the 'top half of any given field' and quote it properly.

There's been so much unsubstantiated fluff I'm beginning to think he might actually be in breach of the Trade Descriptions Act 

Emmy H wrote (see)

Never diss old people. They're normally fantastic at marathons.

They were probably doing the ramble rather than the race too 

08/05/2013 at 12:09

I expect those three were gutted to have finished behind DF3 and are having to go through a period of extensive counselling to get over their shame.

08/05/2013 at 12:52

I cant even be bothered with excuses except for one.

Time taken 6:23 (yes thats not a typo)

first 10 miles around 1.40. last 16 miles 4.43.

and now I probably need a new knee lol.

but the 16 odd miles i hobbled along gave me time to reflect on how long a marathon is and hiw utterly pointless it is. the irony is the first 10 miles had all the hardst hills as well.

I'll post the garmin when i get to a computer. and yes puffy i will be donating 50 quid to your charity but i'll do it tomorrow. tonight me and my knee are going to have a little cry.

David well done on your PB!

08/05/2013 at 13:00

Karen that is quite possibly the most sensible thing I've seen you post in a while.

08/05/2013 at 13:00

jindalee as dave what comments he made about my wife and daughter because they had to walk the last 6 miles at Brighton

Edited: 08/05/2013 at 13:21
08/05/2013 at 13:20
GraemeK wrote (see)

Karen that is quite possibly the most sensible thing I've seen you post in a while.

08/05/2013 at 14:42

I was going to say at least you beat my wifes time when she walked the route of the London Marathon in her bra for the moonwalk...however she did it in 6 hrs dead, dont suppose telling you you were within half an hour of her time will make you feel much better will it?

Cheerful Dave    pirate
08/05/2013 at 14:43
literatin wrote (see)

Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
Isn't it the only way you would get a medal David F3 ?

lolz ........ actually I would probably be in the top half of any given field, hence why Im bringing this up now and not say 6 months ago

08/05/2013 at 14:57

That's the one. Perhaps in the light of recent results he will change the rules so that everyone who didn't finish in the bottom 3 gets a medal.

181 to 200 of 257 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.