I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

21 to 40 of 257 messages
05/05/2013 at 19:45

Well done David, I really do sympathise, I had to walk a few miles at London and it is dispiriting isn't it?

05/05/2013 at 19:46

It took me over 6 hours to complete Beachy. Hardest time I ever had.

05/05/2013 at 19:52
Muttley wrote (see)

So what charidee is all this in aid of then?

If I put in a fiver, can I point and laugh?

C'mon you lot, don't you want my fiver?

05/05/2013 at 19:57
Mr Puffy

is your choise of charity still http://www.uk-sands.org/home.html?
05/05/2013 at 19:59

Well DF3 promised to put 50 quid into a charity of choice if he was unsuccessful, I chose SANDS which supports bereaved parents.

the deal was we would put a fiver to St Tiggywinkle's (really) if he won, but I feel honour bound to send them a fiver anyway now, would be nice if his efforts got them some money too.

05/05/2013 at 20:00
Sorry Muttley

DF?? nominated the following charidee:

https://www.justgiving.com/tiggywinkles

Feel free to donate and point and laugh
05/05/2013 at 20:12

X post Jindalee, yes it is.

05/05/2013 at 20:12

Done. I flag up as Anonymous, referencing this forum.

I like hedgehogs.

05/05/2013 at 20:18

My old man saw  David and Jindalee just before the start and said they lookked slightly nervous not so much Jindalee, in fact he said she looked well fit, but David looked like a duck

05/05/2013 at 20:22

opps

pressed the wrong button...

like a duck out of water.  My hubby was going to say hello  but David was listening to his ipod and looked a bit unapproachable like he didn't really want to be there.

05/05/2013 at 20:22
Mr Puffy

I'm sure you will be please to hear that we just made the donation through justgiving to Sands, Check the comment where it mentioned DF3, as the donation was made under my name
05/05/2013 at 20:24
Hi Harrys Mate

I wasn't listening to my ipod, well not at that time, so your hubby could have said hi to me
05/05/2013 at 20:24
harrys mate wrote (see)

My old man saw  David and Jindalee just before the start and said they lookked slightly nervous not so much Jindalee, in fact he said she looked well fit, but David looked like a duck

harrys mate wrote (see)

opps

pressed the wrong button...

like a duck out of water.  My hubby was going to say hello  but David was listening to his ipod and looked a bit unapproachable like he didn't really want to be there.

I much preferred your original post

05/05/2013 at 20:25

wait a min..did DF compound his lack of training with some ipod wearing?!

05/05/2013 at 20:31

I liked 'looked like a duck' better too.

05/05/2013 at 20:33
Peter Everitt wrote (see)

What a top Trooper! That must have been one hell of an effort to keep going. I have just donated the money I said I would to Tiggywinkles. Congratulations for finishing and I can recommend a good physio if you need one!

Thank you very much for your kind donation Peter. Much appreciated!

05/05/2013 at 20:33

Jindalee  my husband is a shy old fellow but I'm sure he'll say hello to you next time.

05/05/2013 at 20:37

LOL. I just walked up to ppl to say hi. Someone else gave me his race number and I managed to spot him after we finished so I introduced myself. Did have him down as a shy person tbh. Well, as I have my forum name in black glittery letters on the back of my race shirt I am sure he can spot me easily enough at another race and introduce himself

05/05/2013 at 20:38

IT's the way I tell 'em.

that was my husbands joke.

Marathon running is a funny old game, it's a game of two halfs but it's not to be taken too seriously.

05/05/2013 at 20:43
Jindalee wrote (see)
Peter Everitt wrote (see)

What a top Trooper! That must have been one hell of an effort to keep going. I have just donated the money I said I would to Tiggywinkles. Congratulations for finishing and I can recommend a good physio if you need one!

Thank you very much for your kind donation Peter. Much appreciated!

No problem, I hope Tiggywinkles does well from David's hard efforts. Maybe he should see if they could get him a charity place at next year's VLM!! And congrats on your result too.

21 to 40 of 257 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.