I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

41 to 60 of 317 messages
05/05/2013 at 20:22
Mr Puffy

I'm sure you will be please to hear that we just made the donation through justgiving to Sands, Check the comment where it mentioned DF3, as the donation was made under my name
05/05/2013 at 20:24
Hi Harrys Mate

I wasn't listening to my ipod, well not at that time, so your hubby could have said hi to me
05/05/2013 at 20:24
harrys mate wrote (see)

My old man saw  David and Jindalee just before the start and said they lookked slightly nervous not so much Jindalee, in fact he said she looked well fit, but David looked like a duck

harrys mate wrote (see)

opps

pressed the wrong button...

like a duck out of water.  My hubby was going to say hello  but David was listening to his ipod and looked a bit unapproachable like he didn't really want to be there.

I much preferred your original post

05/05/2013 at 20:25

wait a min..did DF compound his lack of training with some ipod wearing?!

05/05/2013 at 20:31

bloody hell harrys mate. haha i was probably annoyed looking because the volume button kept going up and down on my phone (listening to music on my phone as its one less thing to carry but its too sensitive). probably about to set off for 26.2 miles knowing i had done no training and a dodgy knee didnt help! he should have said hello though. im quite nice honest!

05/05/2013 at 20:31

I liked 'looked like a duck' better too.

05/05/2013 at 20:33
Peter Everitt wrote (see)

What a top Trooper! That must have been one hell of an effort to keep going. I have just donated the money I said I would to Tiggywinkles. Congratulations for finishing and I can recommend a good physio if you need one!

Thank you very much for your kind donation Peter. Much appreciated!

05/05/2013 at 20:33

Jindalee  my husband is a shy old fellow but I'm sure he'll say hello to you next time.

05/05/2013 at 20:35
Stevie G . wrote (see)

wait a min..did DF compound his lack of training with some ipod wearing?!

yup. well 26 miles is a bit boring. i was listening to family guy on my phone for a bit as well lol. 

05/05/2013 at 20:37

LOL. I just walked up to ppl to say hi. Someone else gave me his race number and I managed to spot him after we finished so I introduced myself. Did have him down as a shy person tbh. Well, as I have my forum name in black glittery letters on the back of my race shirt I am sure he can spot me easily enough at another race and introduce himself

05/05/2013 at 20:38

IT's the way I tell 'em.

that was my husbands joke.

Marathon running is a funny old game, it's a game of two halfs but it's not to be taken too seriously.

05/05/2013 at 20:43
Jindalee wrote (see)

What a top Trooper! That must have been one hell of an effort to keep going. I have just donated the money I said I would to Tiggywinkles. Congratulations for finishing and I can recommend a good physio if you need one!

No problem, I hope Tiggywinkles does well from David's hard efforts. Maybe he should see if they could get him a charity place at next year's VLM!! And congrats on your result too.

05/05/2013 at 20:45
Jindalee wrote (see)
 Someone else gave me his race number

Is this a confession?

05/05/2013 at 20:47
Jindalee wrote (see)

No problem, I hope Tiggywinkles does well from David's hard efforts. Maybe he should see if they could get him a charity place at next year's VLM!! And congrats on your result too.

Thanks Peter.

LOL I think he has enough of marathons (for a while) but it would be well funny if he gets a ballot place at next year's VLM, as he is probably the only one hoping for the rejection magazine.

05/05/2013 at 20:59

Well done David - a marathon on no training - not the time you wanted perhaps but still good for you to get round!!!!  and London is a lot easier, and there will be hundreds of people who don't train and get round!!!! so if you do get in a piece of p*ss!!!

Edited: 05/05/2013 at 20:59
05/05/2013 at 21:03

no mr Puffy. Its not a confession just bad choice of world. I run under my own number 27

he mentioned his number to me so ppl could say hi, is probably a better way to put it.

05/05/2013 at 21:49

Right as promised here is my Garmin.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/308245420

I realise now I was out a mile. I had run just over 11.5 miles before the knee went. And in case youre wondering why the 10 mile was 2 minutes slower than all the others if I was running and it was flat, it was because I managed to get a pebble in my shoe, then when I got it out and put my shoe back on , because I had put my foot on the ground, I picked up another bloody pebble and had to take that out! grrr.

But heres the thing, look at the elevation. I had basically done all the hard work and was still on track for a sub 4.30 ........ typical.

Oh and see that top peak on the elevation, Im sure others who ran it can confirm but that hill was crazy, it was like virtually totally vertical, I had my hand on the ground at one stage just to balance myself!

seren nos    pirate
05/05/2013 at 21:59

Hi DF3......

so are you still convinced that a marathon is twice a half

you can not ever say well i ran x amount of miles and was on track for x amount of time when you haven't put the training in..

it would bve like me saying I can run a mile in 7 minutes so I can do a marthon in 3 hrs........

you paced it totally wrong for your training and your ability.....you know nothing about marathon running..you can't be arsed to train or to learn and you have now done more damage to your knee..........

it all makes you sound like a teenage boy to be honest......

Jindalee.i hope you are feeling ok and got a time you were pleased with

05/05/2013 at 22:01

"you can't be arsed to train"

Fair comment lol.

05/05/2013 at 22:06
Hi Seren. Yes I feel fine apart from some blisters and I am very happy with my 4.45
41 to 60 of 317 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.