I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

41 to 60 of 256 messages
05/05/2013 at 20:45
Jindalee wrote (see)
 Someone else gave me his race number

Is this a confession?

05/05/2013 at 20:47
Peter Everitt wrote (see)
Jindalee wrote (see)
Peter Everitt wrote (see)

What a top Trooper! That must have been one hell of an effort to keep going. I have just donated the money I said I would to Tiggywinkles. Congratulations for finishing and I can recommend a good physio if you need one!

Thank you very much for your kind donation Peter. Much appreciated!

No problem, I hope Tiggywinkles does well from David's hard efforts. Maybe he should see if they could get him a charity place at next year's VLM!! And congrats on your result too.

Thanks Peter.

LOL I think he has enough of marathons (for a while) but it would be well funny if he gets a ballot place at next year's VLM, as he is probably the only one hoping for the rejection magazine.

05/05/2013 at 20:59

Well done David - a marathon on no training - not the time you wanted perhaps but still good for you to get round!!!!  and London is a lot easier, and there will be hundreds of people who don't train and get round!!!! so if you do get in a piece of p*ss!!!

Edited: 05/05/2013 at 20:59
05/05/2013 at 21:03

no mr Puffy. Its not a confession just bad choice of world. I run under my own number 27

he mentioned his number to me so ppl could say hi, is probably a better way to put it.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
05/05/2013 at 21:59

Hi DF3......

so are you still convinced that a marathon is twice a half

you can not ever say well i ran x amount of miles and was on track for x amount of time when you haven't put the training in..

it would bve like me saying I can run a mile in 7 minutes so I can do a marthon in 3 hrs........

you paced it totally wrong for your training and your ability.....you know nothing about marathon running..you can't be arsed to train or to learn and you have now done more damage to your knee..........

it all makes you sound like a teenage boy to be honest......

Jindalee.i hope you are feeling ok and got a time you were pleased with

05/05/2013 at 22:06
Hi Seren. Yes I feel fine apart from some blisters and I am very happy with my 4.45
seren nos yn canu    pirate
05/05/2013 at 22:13

thats a good ti8me for that course Jindalee

05/05/2013 at 22:20
Thanks Seren
05/05/2013 at 22:42

Congrats on finishing as I'm sure it hurt like hell

do you have any more respect for the pain the slower guys have gone through too and finished?  You have shown a fair bit of disdain for some on the Brighton thread yet they probably completed the 2nd half faster than you 

05/05/2013 at 22:46

well done the pair of you, not an easy course, road marathon + 15minutes is about right
Jindalee - so you did have time to go shopping after all...!!!

Still there is a 33-miler at Marlborough next weekend, thats like a marathon with just an easy 7 miler to finish. How hard can that be?

Congrats!

05/05/2013 at 22:58
seren nos wrote (see)

Hi DF3......

so are you still convinced that a marathon is twice a half

you can not ever say well i ran x amount of miles and was on track for x amount of time when you haven't put the training in..

it would bve like me saying I can run a mile in 7 minutes so I can do a marthon in 3 hrs........

you paced it totally wrong for your training and your ability.....you know nothing about marathon running..you can't be arsed to train or to learn and you have now done more damage to your knee..........

it all makes you sound like a teenage boy to be honest......

Jindalee.i hope you are feeling ok and got a time you were pleased with

Brilliant.

06/05/2013 at 06:04

my funny old man got round in 4 hours and six minutes  which  is a bit slow for him

but he doesn't mind as he is a bit soft in the head. 

Serin nos.-  He sounds like a teenage boy because that is what he is( that's what my fellow said.)  The reason he comes out with so much nonsense is because he is still very immature. 

06/05/2013 at 06:08

also i think you need to be quite tough to run long distances

oh yeah, and a bit soft in your head.

06/05/2013 at 08:03

I'd say that course was road Marathon plus 25 mins, you were easily losing a minute per mile for those hills and the poor underfoot conditions, so Jindalee I reckon you're looking around the 4:20 for a road run, good time!

06/05/2013 at 08:07

Guaranteed to KK

06/05/2013 at 08:09
Thanks Ekgo will have to look for a road marathon to se how the times compare... maybe I should enter df3 too
06/05/2013 at 08:16

ouch !.........hope your taking care of that knee today...........sounds like you,ll be out of action for a while.Can,t believe you were,nt fired up to have made it round..........its a bloomin beautiful course.Give me an off road marathon any day.The idea of a flat road repulses me........

ps ............are there any piccies of you in action...........

06/05/2013 at 08:18
Pics aren't up yet roeby I only got a pic of him at the finish line.
06/05/2013 at 08:37

That will be the finish line he managed to run to from the 26 mile point,  despite that bad knee? 

06/05/2013 at 09:06
Stevie G . wrote (see)

I like the people who do marathons off 20-30miles a week...how could that possibly be aqeduate when the bloody race is almost your total mileage?

There are plenty of us on RW!

41 to 60 of 256 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.