I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

61 to 80 of 256 messages
06/05/2013 at 09:08

I've sent a fiver to Sands. (as Anonymous).

06/05/2013 at 10:25

Sorry DF, but just because you failed to perform at your marathon, doesn't make them pointless.  I'd personally say that swimming races are pointless because I don't enjoy swimming, but I accept that you do and you would enjoy it (assuming you prepare adequately, which so far seems to be an issue for you).  I can't wait to do my next marathon, but I'll be spending the next 10 months, working from scratch, to make sure I'm fit enough for one and to ensure that I at least have a decent stab at my target time.

That said, well done on sticking it out and getting over the line, that was a very long time in a tough race.  Now can you please stop being such a twat towards people who put in genuine effort for their races, no matter what the distance or time achieved?  There's a love.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
06/05/2013 at 10:36
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

muttley. I would rather watch Liverpool FC win the premiership next season than enter another marathon.

Me too. But that's because marathons don't like me much anyway!

Didn't stop me entering the ballot for the Blackheath fun run mind you........

06/05/2013 at 10:40

Crazy Diamond I think you put that rather nicely.

06/05/2013 at 11:19
Crazy Diamond wrote (see)

That said, well done on sticking it out and getting over the line, that was a very long time in a tough race.  Now can you please stop being such a twat towards people who put in genuine effort for their races, no matter what the distance or time achieved?

+1

06/05/2013 at 13:46

Well done for finishing it would have been easy to pull out...

Maybe Poohbear is owed an apology tho... 

06/05/2013 at 17:15

Nice one DF3. You kept saying how anyone could complete a marathon, and you proved it. You stood by your words. Well done to Jindalee for giving it a real go

06/05/2013 at 17:30
Thanks Also-ran I enjoyed it and will do another marathon. Don't think Dave will join me but we will see
06/05/2013 at 18:23

Fine, when you get better than an "OK" time for 5 and 10k, give us a shout eh?

06/05/2013 at 18:27

Are you going to attempt an 'OK' time for a half, too?

seren nos yn canu    pirate
06/05/2013 at 18:28

what is an ok time for a 5k then DF3.have you had a look at my Pb for 5k to give you the minimum benchmark

06/05/2013 at 18:35
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

any time under 18 minutes is 'OK' for 5k ........ how do you like that?

Ooooh yeah...you're on buddy. start saving!

06/05/2013 at 18:49

What on earth. Just allow them a bit of fun to have a bit of banter eh? Without trying to make it into something it's not!

06/05/2013 at 18:52

you're making a lot of comments recently about others having loads of free time to post on here...I'm guessing something has changed in your personal circumstances that's now limiting your time on here....

and you don't seem too pleased.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
06/05/2013 at 18:58

is that on a treadmill or in a proper race

06/05/2013 at 19:10

having taken a few barrages of abuse from you in the past I didn't think you were always that happy, but didn't know some of that was going on

Deffo sounds best to have some away time...

however, a lot of us are on here a fair bit as we like talking about running

06/05/2013 at 19:24
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I think D2D was also a devotee of the "no long runs" approach. She used to crash and burn quite regularly as a result.

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Still the case i'm afraid JB...that and racing when injured...

Wow.  One website, two obsessives, stalkerfest!  Who saw that one coming?

I love the way DF3 has tossed off the issue of taunting/belittling his fellow (and more dedicated) brethren. 

06/05/2013 at 19:26

Or she's actually told me it offline, but hey, Crazy, you never did let facts get in the way of what you post, you should work in the media!

KK, you're forgiven, there's worse people on here! And I always did think that about you, I thought I bet in the flesh you are actually quite sound. Shame you never came and did the Wycombe half that year, I could have found out for sure

06/05/2013 at 19:27
Crazy Diamond wrote (see)

I love the way DF3 has tossed off the issue of taunting/belittling his fellow (and more dedicated) brethren. 

My theory is that he is unwilling to admit he was wrong and apologise, so an act of atonement he has offered us his new target of a sub 18 minute 5k by the end of the year as an opportunity for us to watch him fail, point and laugh.

06/05/2013 at 19:30

DF, you should probably see if they'll accept sub 20 for now

Although there is a thread on this site somewhere of a guy who has just gone sub 20, looking to go sub 17!

The kids of today eh, want it all now!

61 to 80 of 256 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.