I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

81 to 100 of 256 messages
06/05/2013 at 19:32

Oh, sorry, just checked back and he said 'within a year', not 'by the end of the year'. Deferred gratification: I will have to wait till next May to point and laugh.

06/05/2013 at 19:39
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I think D2D was also a devotee of the "no long runs" approach. She used to crash and burn quite regularly as a result.

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Still the case i'm afraid JB...that and racing when injured...

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Or she's actually told me it offline, but hey, Crazy, you never did let facts get in the way of what you post, you should work in the media!

KK, you're forgiven, there's worse people on here! And I always did think that about you, I thought I bet in the flesh you are actually quite sound. Shame you never came and did the Wycombe half that year, I could have found out for sure

But Stevie, baby, you've said publically that you and she dislike each other with intensity and that you hold each other in utter contempt.  I take the facts as they are presented to me, dear, and those facts appear to represent your adamant dislike of the lady in question.  You do also appear to be combatively defensive whenever your affiliation, or otherwise, with the young lady is brought in to question.   

*thrusts listening device in the direction of Steven*

06/05/2013 at 19:41

the key with motivation is not to set targets that are out of reach...

He would do well to avoid a chap on here who'd got his 5k down from 22mins to 18.45 or so...and was making big noises about beating the local parkrun record within a few months (low 16s) and then getting to Rio!

about 9months on, he's not yet sub 18.30 and if anything the times are massively going backwards.

06/05/2013 at 19:46
Crazy Diamond wrote (see)
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I think D2D was also a devotee of the "no long runs" approach. She used to crash and burn quite regularly as a result.

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Or she's actually told me it offline, but hey, Crazy, you never did let facts get in the way of what you post, you should work in the media!

KK, you're forgiven, there's worse people on here! And I always did think that about you, I thought I bet in the flesh you are actually quite sound. Shame you never came and did the Wycombe half that year, I could have found out for sure

But Stevie, baby, you've said publically that you and she dislike each other with intensity and that you hold each other in utter contempt.  I take the facts as they are presented to me, dear, and those facts appear to represent your adamant dislike of the lady in question.  You do also appear to be combatively defensive whenever your affiliation, or otherwise, with the young lady is brought in to question.   

*thrusts listening device in the direction of Steven*

First lines aren't true at all, either side round.
Defensive? I think anyone with sense would be after last time

06/05/2013 at 20:17

This is the truth of the matter  and I khow it is the truth as I was at the neolithic and I saw DW3  in non-action.   He is an internet geek who loves all this silly stuff which includes belittling other runners acheivements .  He has no interest in running and did not look like he wanted to interact with real runners. This is what he gets his fun from

just coming on here and taking the piss.   I think Jindalee must have taken up running and as  a result he discovered  RW so he switched from munsnet or whatever forum he was on. 

The truth is he is a little boy extremely immature but quick with his fingers .  

and as for the rest of you... well....  none of you seem to bother me much so i'm giving yous the all clear for now.   

but watch out because i'm on my toes this year.

06/05/2013 at 20:24
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Wow.  One website, two obsessives, stalkerfest!  Who saw that one coming?

I love the way DF3 has tossed off the issue of taunting/belittling his fellow (and more dedicated) brethren. 

I have no idea what youre on about. Whats the issue exactly and why do I need to apologise?

I don't believe I asked you to apologise, I think I asked you to stop being a twat towards those who have shown grit and determination in the course of their training.  The case of being magnanimous in defeat is entirely in your court. 

06/05/2013 at 20:24

Bloke runs shit marathon time after piss-poor training.  Why is this getting quite so much internet space?  Oh yeah - people love a bit of car crash on the interweb. 

06/05/2013 at 20:27

Yet still there's something admirable about the way the chap has sucked it up and taken abuse off all comers.

The posters that annoy me a lot more are the blaggers who proclaim greatness, then disappear off the face of the earth.

06/05/2013 at 20:32

I'm Spartacus!!

Oh wait, *checks testicles*, no I'm not.

06/05/2013 at 20:34
Whatever happened to Mike Rushton?

At least DF3 has bothered to come back and take the abuse. I'll give him credit for that.

I'm pretty sure one of his original statements that was something like "any idiot can complete a marathon" I think he has proved that.

Good luck with the 5k training!
06/05/2013 at 20:42
Millsy1977 wrote (see)
Whatever happened to Mike Rushton? 

Peaked at 18.34, but seemingly going into reverse with each parkrun now...

seren nos yn canu    pirate
06/05/2013 at 20:44

but the problem is that all is not equal.what is a high standard to aim for for one is a crap standard for others.........

we all have strengths and weakneses in us,.....]so if someone wants to try and work on one of their weakneses and improve it..why on earth do you try and piss on them....

set your own standartds......but you are setting other peoples standardsa and telling them they are crap when they could be excelling at the moment and making huge strides.

for some people.just getting to take one step outside their front door is a massive achievement and demands great effort....

XX1
06/05/2013 at 20:44

DF3 -- Given your current level of "running" ability I'd be impressed if you could actually run 5km without caking your trollies   Oh, can we assume you didn't take a medal at the end of the marathon yeah?

XX1
06/05/2013 at 20:55

I have yet to meet a racer who accepts "a piss weak performance".  I've also yet to meet a runner who cares about their times that requires "sunshine blown up their arse".  Had you attempted anything approaching training, you may have found yourself in the position of running target races that had times and targets that mattered.  Completing any race is an achievement on an individual level, for whatever reason, which you would have empathy for had you connected with your targets at even the basest level. 

And read back beyond your selective vision, DF3, I did congratulate you on your completion, especially so after such a gruelling time.   

Seriously, sunshine, stop rubbing your ego and start looking beyond it.

Or are you D2D trying to get Stevieboy on side by playing bromance?......hmmmmmm? 

*Dr Evil finger thing*

06/05/2013 at 20:57

Honesty is a hard thing, and sometimes we have too muc self belief and set that bar far too high and fail drastically. Sometimes the achievement is overcoming the sense of  failure  and finishing against  the odds.

I speak from experience of going into a marathon fully trained, then getting ill at 5 miles in(sick, dizzy, sick.....) all the way to the end. Getting to the end in the state I was in was my achievement. 3 months later, after another 4 days ill, I had an emergency appendectomy which I thought had blown all thoughts of completing Paris Marathon. 7 weeks out(no exercise whatsoever), then 6 weeks of minimal training and I completed the marathon in 3:59:13. now to many that is rubbish but to me it was a real achievement..........no matter what anyone says!!

06/05/2013 at 20:59

Or are you D2D trying to get Stevieboy on side by playing bromance?......hmmmmmm? 

*Dr Evil finger thing*

I think Stevie is happy enough with his girl gang....

Edited: 06/05/2013 at 21:00
06/05/2013 at 20:59

DF3, I think if you must measure it you could do worse than looking at the amount of effort the person has put into training and improving. I'm pretty sure there are some people you've been taking the piss out of who worked really quite hard to train for a slow marathon time, and for them completing the course genuinely is an achievement to be proud of, especially as you'd have bailed out in their position if there'd been a sweeper car to climb into.

And those people will probably be back next year, working just as hard for an improvement that you 'can't be bothered' to go for.

06/05/2013 at 21:01
Screamapillar wrote (see)

*Dr Evil finger thing*

Yeah, the Screamy-Lit-Mik Gang, as I probably shouldn't call them, are probably a safer bet.

06/05/2013 at 21:04
Stevie G . wrote (see)
Screamapillar wrote (see)

*Dr Evil finger thing*

Yeah, the Screamy-Lit-Mik Gang, as I probably shouldn't call them, are probably a safer bet.

Woah!  Screamy!  You're in a gang and you didn't tell me?  I may have to dip DF3's dummy in tar and fling it at you. 

06/05/2013 at 21:04

and it obviously is all relative with race performance.

As a 18-40 bloke, with big passion, and plenty of time to train, I wouldn't dream of comparing myself times wise to a 50year old woman who has proper commitments, possibly limiting factors like physical weakness etc.

You compare like for like, and personally I look at those faster than me, but in a similar boat, then those who are looking to get something completely different out of it

ps I've never done a marathon, but i'd still say it's a worthy achievement simply finishing one.

Obviously after that the expectations would quickly ramp up!!

81 to 100 of 256 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.