I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

81 to 100 of 317 messages
06/05/2013 at 11:19
Crazy Diamond wrote (see)

That said, well done on sticking it out and getting over the line, that was a very long time in a tough race.  Now can you please stop being such a twat towards people who put in genuine effort for their races, no matter what the distance or time achieved?

+1

06/05/2013 at 13:46

Well done for finishing it would have been easy to pull out...

Maybe Poohbear is owed an apology tho... 

06/05/2013 at 17:15

Nice one DF3. You kept saying how anyone could complete a marathon, and you proved it. You stood by your words. Well done to Jindalee for giving it a real go

06/05/2013 at 17:30
Thanks Also-ran I enjoyed it and will do another marathon. Don't think Dave will join me but we will see
06/05/2013 at 17:53
Also-ran wrote (see)

Nice one DF3. You kept saying how anyone could complete a marathon, and you proved it. You stood by your words. Well done to Jindalee for giving it a real go

See I was right, if an idiot with a banged up leg and no training can cover the distance, anyone can.

Won't ever do it again though. Figure Id rather try and improve my 5k and 10k times and be able to do that properly than p... about trying to get up to only 'OK' times for marathons and all the time that consumes.

06/05/2013 at 18:23

Fine, when you get better than an "OK" time for 5 and 10k, give us a shout eh?

06/05/2013 at 18:27

Are you going to attempt an 'OK' time for a half, too?

seren nos    pirate
06/05/2013 at 18:28

what is an ok time for a 5k then DF3.have you had a look at my Pb for 5k to give you the minimum benchmark

06/05/2013 at 18:29

any time under 18 minutes is 'OK' for 5k ........ how do you like that?

kittenkat    pirate
06/05/2013 at 18:33
seren nos wrote (see)

what is an ok time for a 5k then DF3.have you had a look at my Pb for 5k to give you the minimum benchmark

Faster than yours, but you are faster than him? (I have no idea) Keep vying for attention online, you both have an unlimited amount of free time to emotionally dedicate to this. May the fastest broadband connection win! Or the most bored with their actual life.

Edited: 06/05/2013 at 18:33
06/05/2013 at 18:35
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

any time under 18 minutes is 'OK' for 5k ........ how do you like that?

Ooooh yeah...you're on buddy. start saving!

06/05/2013 at 18:36

Within a year I'll be under 18 minutes

kittenkat    pirate
06/05/2013 at 18:43
kittenkat wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)

Faster than yours, but you are faster than him? (I have no idea) Keep vying for attention online, you both have an unlimited amount of free time to emotionally dedicate to this. May the fastest broadband connection win! Or the most bored with their actual life.

Or the fight to be the slowest because you would rather try and be big voices online when you have no REAL interest in being anything other than slow. That's fine, but if anyone wants to get faster they just have to train and lose weight generally. It needs to be a passion to do that, not a multitude of excuses, personal or not so... In order to circumvent the bottom line that change is painful (and default human nature to not put yourself through pain), a lot of this forum is made up of clever excuses and defenses (well not so clever really). I'm not knocking that (well I am a bit), i've done it in spades ever since I started racing.

But everyone has got to get to the point with anything where you need to be comfortable with the input you give and the ability (or not you have), versus some of the crap that's traded on here?

Edited: 06/05/2013 at 18:50
06/05/2013 at 18:49

What on earth. Just allow them a bit of fun to have a bit of banter eh? Without trying to make it into something it's not!

kittenkat    pirate
06/05/2013 at 18:51
Stevie G . wrote (see)

What on earth. Just allow them a bit of fun to have a bit of banter eh? Without trying to make it into something it's not!

Like you and D2D?

06/05/2013 at 18:52

you're making a lot of comments recently about others having loads of free time to post on here...I'm guessing something has changed in your personal circumstances that's now limiting your time on here....

and you don't seem too pleased.

seren nos    pirate
06/05/2013 at 18:58

is that on a treadmill or in a proper race

kittenkat    pirate
06/05/2013 at 19:02
Stevie G . wrote (see)

you're making a lot of comments recently about others having loads of free time to post on here...I'm guessing something has changed in your personal circumstances that's now limiting your time on here....

and you don't seem too pleased.

Yeah, full time work (went back mid October), a husband on shifts, 2 kids and a dog. Don't get me wrong, i'm actually really pleased because I feel that i have 'me' back for the first time after having my kids. They're old enough for me to work now and I'm enjoying my job, pressurised as it is. Work/life balance is ok. I just dip in here and push a few buttons knowing FULL WELL that when I was on here a lot, i wasn't happy. I would offer that blanket statement to everyone else who watches this place all the time (as I did). They are either lacking in career, family, confidence etc... And looking for escapism. Don't get me wrong, I obviously still post here but when i was depressed and reaching out, it had a different meaning. And I made some very sound friends through that, and learned who the twats were.

Edited: 06/05/2013 at 19:03
06/05/2013 at 19:10

having taken a few barrages of abuse from you in the past I didn't think you were always that happy, but didn't know some of that was going on

Deffo sounds best to have some away time...

however, a lot of us are on here a fair bit as we like talking about running

kittenkat    pirate
06/05/2013 at 19:14
Stevie G . wrote (see)

having taken a few barrages of abuse from you in the past I didn't think you were always that happy, but didn't know some of that was going on

Deffo sounds best to have some away time...

however, a lot of us are on here a fair bit as we like talking about running

Some are talking about walking, if you really wanted to be pedantic?

81 to 100 of 317 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.