I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

101 to 120 of 317 messages
kittenkat    pirate
06/05/2013 at 19:22
Stevie G . wrote (see)

having taken a few barrages of abuse from you in the past I didn't think you were always that happy, but didn't know some of that was going on

Deffo sounds best to have some away time...

however, a lot of us are on here a fair bit as we like talking about running

I'm happy enough, just with a quite selective... Following?? If it's any consolation, no-one has complained about me or 'de-friended/mortally shunned' me that actually has a relationship or proper connection in the 3D world. I will take that every time over any Interfuckwit association.

With Virtual love, Kate.

(My virtual love sucks btw)

06/05/2013 at 19:24
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I think D2D was also a devotee of the "no long runs" approach. She used to crash and burn quite regularly as a result.

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Still the case i'm afraid JB...that and racing when injured...

Wow.  One website, two obsessives, stalkerfest!  Who saw that one coming?

I love the way DF3 has tossed off the issue of taunting/belittling his fellow (and more dedicated) brethren. 

06/05/2013 at 19:26

Or she's actually told me it offline, but hey, Crazy, you never did let facts get in the way of what you post, you should work in the media!

KK, you're forgiven, there's worse people on here! And I always did think that about you, I thought I bet in the flesh you are actually quite sound. Shame you never came and did the Wycombe half that year, I could have found out for sure

06/05/2013 at 19:27
Crazy Diamond wrote (see)

I love the way DF3 has tossed off the issue of taunting/belittling his fellow (and more dedicated) brethren. 

My theory is that he is unwilling to admit he was wrong and apologise, so an act of atonement he has offered us his new target of a sub 18 minute 5k by the end of the year as an opportunity for us to watch him fail, point and laugh.

06/05/2013 at 19:30

DF, you should probably see if they'll accept sub 20 for now

Although there is a thread on this site somewhere of a guy who has just gone sub 20, looking to go sub 17!

The kids of today eh, want it all now!

06/05/2013 at 19:32

Oh, sorry, just checked back and he said 'within a year', not 'by the end of the year'. Deferred gratification: I will have to wait till next May to point and laugh.

06/05/2013 at 19:39
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I think D2D was also a devotee of the "no long runs" approach. She used to crash and burn quite regularly as a result.

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Or she's actually told me it offline, but hey, Crazy, you never did let facts get in the way of what you post, you should work in the media!

KK, you're forgiven, there's worse people on here! And I always did think that about you, I thought I bet in the flesh you are actually quite sound. Shame you never came and did the Wycombe half that year, I could have found out for sure

But Stevie, baby, you've said publically that you and she dislike each other with intensity and that you hold each other in utter contempt.  I take the facts as they are presented to me, dear, and those facts appear to represent your adamant dislike of the lady in question.  You do also appear to be combatively defensive whenever your affiliation, or otherwise, with the young lady is brought in to question.   

*thrusts listening device in the direction of Steven*

06/05/2013 at 19:41

the key with motivation is not to set targets that are out of reach...

He would do well to avoid a chap on here who'd got his 5k down from 22mins to 18.45 or so...and was making big noises about beating the local parkrun record within a few months (low 16s) and then getting to Rio!

about 9months on, he's not yet sub 18.30 and if anything the times are massively going backwards.

06/05/2013 at 19:46
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)

But Stevie, baby, you've said publically that you and she dislike each other with intensity and that you hold each other in utter contempt.  I take the facts as they are presented to me, dear, and those facts appear to represent your adamant dislike of the lady in question.  You do also appear to be combatively defensive whenever your affiliation, or otherwise, with the young lady is brought in to question.   

*thrusts listening device in the direction of Steven*

First lines aren't true at all, either side round.
Defensive? I think anyone with sense would be after last time

06/05/2013 at 20:12
kittenkat wrote (see)

Yeah, full time work (went back mid October), a husband on shifts, 2 kids and a dog. Don't get me wrong, i'm actually really pleased because I feel that i have 'me' back for the first time after having my kids. They're old enough for me to work now and I'm enjoying my job, pressurised as it is. Work/life balance is ok. I just dip in here and push a few buttons knowing FULL WELL that when I was on here a lot, i wasn't happy. I would offer that blanket statement to everyone else who watches this place all the time (as I did). They are either lacking in career, family, confidence etc... And looking for escapism. Don't get me wrong, I obviously still post here but when i was depressed and reaching out, it had a different meaning. And I made some very sound friends through that, and learned who the twats were.

Bloody hell. I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

06/05/2013 at 20:13

Stevie G . wrote (see)

I have no idea what youre on about. Whats the issue exactly and why do I need to apologise?

06/05/2013 at 20:16
Stevie G . wrote (see)

DF, you should probably see if they'll accept sub 20 for now

Although there is a thread on this site somewhere of a guy who has just gone sub 20, looking to go sub 17!

The kids of today eh, want it all now!

But its just about being sensible .......... 1 year should be enough to go from just over 22 to 18 ....... thats just over 4 minutes to knock off.

Should be doeable

06/05/2013 at 20:17

This is the truth of the matter  and I khow it is the truth as I was at the neolithic and I saw DW3  in non-action.   He is an internet geek who loves all this silly stuff which includes belittling other runners acheivements .  He has no interest in running and did not look like he wanted to interact with real runners. This is what he gets his fun from

just coming on here and taking the piss.   I think Jindalee must have taken up running and as  a result he discovered  RW so he switched from munsnet or whatever forum he was on. 

The truth is he is a little boy extremely immature but quick with his fingers .  

and as for the rest of you... well....  none of you seem to bother me much so i'm giving yous the all clear for now.   

but watch out because i'm on my toes this year.

06/05/2013 at 20:24
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)

I have no idea what youre on about. Whats the issue exactly and why do I need to apologise?

I don't believe I asked you to apologise, I think I asked you to stop being a twat towards those who have shown grit and determination in the course of their training.  The case of being magnanimous in defeat is entirely in your court. 

06/05/2013 at 20:24

Bloke runs shit marathon time after piss-poor training.  Why is this getting quite so much internet space?  Oh yeah - people love a bit of car crash on the interweb. 

06/05/2013 at 20:27

Yet still there's something admirable about the way the chap has sucked it up and taken abuse off all comers.

The posters that annoy me a lot more are the blaggers who proclaim greatness, then disappear off the face of the earth.

06/05/2013 at 20:32

I'm Spartacus!!

Oh wait, *checks testicles*, no I'm not.

06/05/2013 at 20:34
Whatever happened to Mike Rushton?

At least DF3 has bothered to come back and take the abuse. I'll give him credit for that.

I'm pretty sure one of his original statements that was something like "any idiot can complete a marathon" I think he has proved that.

Good luck with the 5k training!
06/05/2013 at 20:37

I don't believe I asked you to apologise, I think I asked you to stop being a twat towards those who have shown grit and determination in the course of their training.  The case of being magnanimous in defeat is entirely in your court. 

OK, let me put it this way.

I KNOW I undertrained for this. I had an injury beforehand, you can choose to believe this or put it down to more excuses, either is fine. But the bottom line is I had insufficient training and I knew it.

But the vast difference between myself and a lot of other people is that I don't accept a piss weak perfomance as being OK. I set a high standard, even from myself, and I dont fool myself into thinking that somehow completing a marathon  is a big achievement. People are far too easy to give themselves a pat on the back for anything they do these days. Everyone needs a gold star everytime they scratch their a..e. I don't. Its a general trend of a society where we are going overboard in 'babying' people.

Whats wrong with telling someone that while their efforts so far are good, they could do a lot better. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't need sunshine blown up my a..e for completing a marathon. I knew it was a rubbish time, rubbish effort and quite frankly had I been competing in London or Brighton and had easy access to just 'quit' I would have. I wasn't being brave in completing  the marathon, I just didnt really have a choice being in the middle of nowhere. Now that its out the way I plan to rest it properly, get myself sorted and do some proper 5k, 10k and aquthalon training.

It annoys me when people dont set high standards as well and want praise for doing the slightest thing.

06/05/2013 at 20:42
Millsy1977 wrote (see)
Whatever happened to Mike Rushton? 

Peaked at 18.34, but seemingly going into reverse with each parkrun now...

101 to 120 of 317 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.