I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

121 to 140 of 256 messages
06/05/2013 at 22:14

Knocking 4 minutes off a 5k pb is quite hard.

and CD since you were having a pop...

... In all my time on Fetch and here I've only come across two marathon runners crazy enough to state that running half marathon distances is "enough" to run a marathon.

That's our two friends - both of whom, incidentally, had/have an "unusual" approach to training regimes and also, perhaps correspondingly, have/had a habit of royally pissing off lots of runners by shooting from the lip and refusing to accept the advice of more experienced voices. If that makes me an obsessive - well, no it doesn't - i'm just an observer of some of the more egregious specimens who crop up on here from time to time.

06/05/2013 at 22:20

sure is Johnny.

From my first 5k in 2006 to my last one this year, I've knocked off 1min 25.... 

In fairness...before DF3 starts crying, i didn't do any 5ks between 02 and 06, in which my half went from 1hr 41 to 1hr 25

06/05/2013 at 22:21

BLAH BLAH BALH......I failed at marathon......BLAH BLAH BLAH....marathon is pointless.....BLAH BLAH BLAH........4:30 marathon  is boring.....BLAH BLAH BLAH......not copping out.......blah blah blah....

Keep spouting your adolescent vitriole, baby boy.  Fact is, there are masses on here who have been beaten, admitted their faults and failures, and come back stronger, harder and more determined - at 5k to marathon and beyond.  The only people I have seen here to denigrate the achievements of others is you and yo bro.

Practice hard your proud fist punch for when you come back to mid field of your planned races.

BOOYA!!

06/05/2013 at 22:26
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

Knocking 4 minutes off a 5k pb is quite hard.

and CD since you were having a pop...

... In all my time on Fetch and here I've only come across two marathon runners crazy enough to state that running half marathon distances is "enough" to run a marathon.

That's our two friends - both of whom, incidentally, had/have an "unusual" approach to training regimes and also, perhaps correspondingly, have/had a habit of royally pissing off lots of runners by shooting from the lip and refusing to accept the advice of more experienced voices. If that makes me an obsessive - well, no it doesn't - i'm just an observer of some of the more egregious specimens who crop up on here from time to time.

Johnny

Is that a quote of mine?  If so, my memory has just ear fucked me.

06/05/2013 at 22:35

JB. Sorry if I have it wrong but if you have a pop at me I never said Running a half is enough. Very far from it but doable. I only entered because i could not find a half in time for the bank holiday. I did prepare for a up to 5 hour finish or not finishing at all. Been running all my live so I guess the base I have have pulled me through.

06/05/2013 at 22:36

I wasn't...

06/05/2013 at 22:37

DF3  -  this is excellent timing. Today I've ditched the marathon training, and I'm going to have a go at some 5k and 10k. Please can you pass on some IT cash to SG for training ans just pass it on to me. We can train on out treadmills together if he allows it. Cool.

06/05/2013 at 22:39

Apologies.

06/05/2013 at 22:42

Thanks for mentioning Fetch, never heard of it. Will check it out.

06/05/2013 at 22:50
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I wasn't...

No, it was aimed at me, but the wording from the first para doesn't match my MO, the second para I think may be a mash up.  So come on, Johnny, what's yer mixed up point? 

06/05/2013 at 22:52

I can't be arsed doing quotes. Now THAT'S obsessive.

and re Fetch - don't confuse niceness with weakness. Some of the ladies on there would eat you for breakfast, DF.

06/05/2013 at 22:57

Ooh Davieboy!  Take your peachy newby ass over to the Fetchverse.  Please. 

Just rub it with vinegar first.

Doner Kebab    pirate
06/05/2013 at 22:57

just thought id poke my nose in here and suggest that 13 miles might be enough for some people to knock out a marathon in a relatively half decent time. i would also like to suggest that running 70 miles isnt that hard either for a someone, not everyone, but it is possible

and DF3 i have you on ignore for so long it took someone to point me in this direction about this thread, how i laughed

06/05/2013 at 22:58

You don't get it, do you?

you're clearly the Johnny Rotten of the running world.

sigh....

Doner Kebab    pirate
06/05/2013 at 23:00

oh DF3 - i think you meant a cumulative frequency curve, not a bell curve, as a bell curve returns to zero, pedantic, i know, but accurate.

Doner Kebab    pirate
06/05/2013 at 23:01

dont get what? obviously not ;s

06/05/2013 at 23:03
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

A 4.30 marathon is boring, I'd rather a sub 18 or dare I say it ........ a sub 17 (that should set you off)

... How would you know a sub 4:30 Is boring? You seem to be quite a way from giving an answer to that? 

06/05/2013 at 23:12

lmao. If a 4:30 is boring, imagine a 6:23.

06/05/2013 at 23:15

DF3, I think perhaps you under estimate how hard a 5k can be. As far as I'm concerned a 5k is tougher than a marathon. The training is hard. Still, you'll get to enjoy the feeling of lactate, just don't stop still when it hits ok.

Oh and you do have to train for 5k's.

06/05/2013 at 23:18

But it's SHORTER so it must be EASIER!  

Fact is, you have to do a lot of balls-out training to keep knocking off a few seconds here and there...

121 to 140 of 256 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.