I will never run a marathon again.... like ever....

stupid concept anyway

161 to 180 of 257 messages
07/05/2013 at 10:57

Thanks Stevie .   

07/05/2013 at 11:06

Bit late to the party here - Congrats on the marathon Dave. I reckon you'll have another crack. You're just beginning your love/hate relationship with it. You dont seem to have the key indifference to them required to ignore em.

David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Ive never bothered with Fetch. I think my posts would have them all in tears.

You do need to remember to wear the chip on your shoe - not your shoulder though.

Edited: 07/05/2013 at 11:07
07/05/2013 at 11:08

I haven't always been mad.  Here is where I stand emotionally at the moment

which to the untrained eye might seem slightly nutty but as my mate Harry likes to tell people.  Woof woof woof.

Seriously though Stevie  I was quite normal back in the 70's with my high waisters and platform shoes but then something happened to me.  I started travelling the country with my trainers in a bag meeting up with people in fields  where  we'd share hellos then say right who's up for a race to Birmingham?  On your marks get set go!  

Quite a strange sight to see a few hundred emotionally mixed  characters  trotting off  along the trails, most of whom have trained hard and have respect for each other.  When I encounter a foolish person who ridicules the efforts of my friends then I tend to treat from foolishly.

07/05/2013 at 11:12

so where were we?  oh yeah.

here......

I like that winky one.   Never use the red ones though.

07/05/2013 at 11:17

well done for getting round anyway, it can't have been much fun, but at least you completed it.

07/05/2013 at 11:17

That was a wink at me wasn't  it?

07/05/2013 at 11:52

Hmm bit late to the party as well so just about every angle covered.

DF3 well done for getting round, getting back here to face your audience and putting up yet another running challenge to be quoted back to you over the next 12 months.

I'm sure it will be fun

07/05/2013 at 12:11

whilst we're talking about 5k times, I'm hoping to get my time down this year too. My PB stands at 23:07 (although that was the second half split of a 10k, so I reckon i could go 22:XX without too much more effort. I have no idea what I could reasonably expect to knock off in the space of the year, so I plan to just train hard and see where the chips fall. I very much doubt they'll fall anywhere near the 18min finish mark.

07/05/2013 at 12:28

DF3; If you want an easy distance to run try 3k. That's a fun distance, nothing like as scarry as 5k. for starters the pain will only last for a few minutes. 

07/05/2013 at 14:37

I reckon it's only a matter of time before DF3 will be targeting 100 metres 

07/05/2013 at 16:03

I haven't read all the posts on here (most of which are FAR too nice for my liking!)

But has anyone asked whether DF3's split times have been checked.  To make sure he didn't take a short cut?

07/05/2013 at 16:16

You'll never run one again ? 

You haven't run one yet ! 

07/05/2013 at 16:22
Run Wales wrote (see)

But has anyone asked whether DF3's split times have been checked.  To make sure he didn't take a short cut?

didn't need to worry about that when we saw the overall time.

07/05/2013 at 16:56
mrs. hog - mousey wrote (see)

DF3; If you want an easy distance to run try 3k. That's a fun distance, nothing like as scarry as 5k. for starters the pain will only last for a few minutes. 

Interested why you picked a 3k. If you race it well it's not an easy distance at all...

If you wanted a shorter distance, why not 800 or 1500?

07/05/2013 at 17:10

How is any distance easy?  If it's easy you haven't tried hard enough.  Pain just comes in different forms.

07/05/2013 at 17:13
Just entered another Marathon. Maybe I should enter DF3 as well
07/05/2013 at 17:44

No it's because you have to endure the pain for less time.

07/05/2013 at 20:35

Ahahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahaha.

This is hilarious.

What utter bollocks. 

Everyone is being far too nice. 

Df3 - I won't congratulate you. You did shit. You didn't train, you took the piss out of others who did train and who posted about their training on forums designed to help them develop knowledge.. The only thing I agree with you about: nothing ??ou have done has been brave. Brave would be saying sorry to the people you take the piss out of and admitting you have been wrong. 

Being brave might also involve posting a photo of you 'completing' your race. now that would be amusing. 

07/05/2013 at 20:38

kaffeeg - I was working on the assumption that we were all being nice because he'd find that more annoying.

And DF3 - it's still an massive achievement and don't let anyone else tell you different. 

seren nos    pirate
07/05/2013 at 20:41

so it was lovely weather........and the route was scenic.........you were so lucky......crawling the last 5 miles in the wind and rain through an industrial estate would have been more fitting........

you say it was really boring.nice weather and scenery and loads of time to enjoy your own company.........

I can see the weak link in the chain

161 to 180 of 257 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.