in reasons to stop me whilst I'm out on a run...

21 to 24 of 24 messages
14/03/2012 at 21:07

Yes the faster you get the less hassle you get.

I think seeing someone run  fast sets off a primitve instinct in the viewer that say;

"this person is not to be stopped, but if you want you can help tackle the wholly mammoth and the sabre tooth tiger chasing him"

Imbrace your inner cave(wom)man

16/03/2012 at 12:08
At uni I stupidly opened the door to JW's...and politely listened to the speil...then asked them if it mattered that I was a jewish lesbian? would they still want me? They left, very quickly...and I spent 20 minutes recovering from the tears of laughter caused by the look on their faces.
16/03/2012 at 13:28
I used to live in an area where there's a fair big of drug dealing and on 2 occasions had pale-faced desperate-looking blokes in the same playing field try to stop me to ask me something.  Now I do tend to train at 8 min/mile or less and thought it bizarre they would choose a runner to flag down.  I did feel slightly guilty but they didn't seem injuredt and I expect they were just after a bit of cash or a light.
16/03/2012 at 17:49

Lol to all the door-techniques! To be honest, I don't really mind it that much - they believe they have to do it, and if they can give me a book and go away thinking they are one step closer to heaven then I have something to prop up the table with and everyone's happy.

Maybe slower runners can adapt to this by mastering the look at the watch - "sorry, end of my recovery" technique, followed by a sprint as hard as you can around the next corner?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.