In the dark

5 messages
16/11/2010 at 18:56

I want to run home from work but it's along a very dark country lane so I need to light myself up. Does anyone have any suggestions for lightwieght, bright lights that can clip onto the back of my shorts/t shirt and also onto the front as well? I want to be seen.

16/11/2010 at 19:31

There are quite a few gadgets on the market from the likes of Ronhill that provide flashing armbands and the like... however..

my tip would be to pop along to B&M Home bargains and pick up a cheapo cycle light kit for around £2.99. I have a rflashing ed light clipped to the rear of my running belt, and a white one at the front and they are as lightweight and as good as anything else on the market.

The only downside is kids shouting, "you forgot your bike mister!"

16/11/2010 at 19:37
and a headtorch to see where you're going
16/11/2010 at 19:44
..yeah - but get a crap one that gives off a really weak yellowy light as it makes it seem like you are running loads faster in the dark!
16/11/2010 at 20:46
I have a head torch and a flashing red LED light for my back. The headtorch is by LED LENSER and has bee great (cost about £25). The back light is made by Brooks and is magnetic so you can attach it to your top layer (cost about £10). Again, this works really well.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.