Infrared saunas

3 messages
16/08/2013 at 16:47

Have seen adverts for infrared home saunas, the price seems reasonable and am considering buying one for after workouts, etc.

The questions I would like to ask are:

Has anyone got one and are they any good??

Are there any benefits from having a sauna after workouts??

Having posted on here before I would appreciate sensible answers only - if that's not too much to ask!

16/08/2013 at 20:35

Sensible.... ooh, that's a big ask 

Ok, bit of a sauna lover myself.  Tried loads.  Don't have one, but I would if I could.  Here's the bottom line; a rubbish one is NOT better than nothing.  I've been in really good infrared saunas and they don't really work properly.  

There's a deep cleansing that you'll get from a normal sauna, that you just won't get with infrared.  I'm someone who really benefits from a sauna- I've got rid of colds overnight, or stopped them at the sniffle stage by hitting the sauna hard.  Infrared just won't cut it.

I recommend you go somewhere where they have one that can get at least nearly up to 100'.  I tend to go for a swim & have a sauna afterwards.  There are benefits.  The Scandinavians have been using them forever, to great effect.  Just learn how to have a proper sauna, as almost everyone I see at my local just minces around and doesn't reap the benefits.

Sensibile enough for ya 

Edited: 16/08/2013 at 20:38
16/08/2013 at 21:19

Restoring my 'Faith' in the forums 'daddy!

Some good points made & given me a lot to think about - thanks for that

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.