"Is Less More?" article - surely time for separate barefoot forum section now?

Isn't it time for a new barefoot section in the forums?

21 to 23 of 23 messages
03/03/2011 at 13:37

Kittenkat: My solution to the what's-underfoot problem was a pair of Terra Plana Neos - or you might prefer the Evos if your feet are a bit narrower. Really flexible, 4 mm sole, no heel.

I've run barefoot, but only on a sports field after doing a circuit to check for glass, dog poop etc. With the Neos, I can concentrate on everything else without worrying whether I've not noticed something small and nasty to step in (you'll still want to miss the cowpats, large stones etc. of course). I was also able to put a pair of Stabilicers on over them and run on the icy pavements over the Christmas perios, which was useful.

03/03/2011 at 13:40
And yes, I think a new barefoot/minimalist section in the forums would be useful (at .com they've enough interest that they've been discussing whether to split the minimalist-shoe wearers from the barefoot-or-nothing camp).
03/03/2011 at 22:03

And there's also the Barefoot Runners Society who have some useful info and so on.

You can see it here.

They were mentioned in the above article. Nice bunch of peeps.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.