Is there a Natural Life Expectancy for a HRM?

Mine won't work any more

21 to 23 of 23 messages
19/08/2012 at 11:28

... Im actually a bit of a meany, LN, and didnt intend to get a new one. But you know what its like... you go onto Amazon, see the price of everything, do the "havent the prices come down" bit, then the "ooh, these are are a lot smaller than the 301", then the "oh, isnt that a nice colour", then the "gosh, look what you get for just £20 more" and before I know it, Im looking at a 910.....

Fortunately, I have come away from the 910, but the new ones are so nice....

20/08/2012 at 12:16

I've been using a series of Garmin HRMs over the years since 2005. I've had a couple of straps where the chest strap just stopped sending reliable signals after a couple of years' use, despite scrubbing it and changing the battery. I gave up and bought a new strap. the newer ones are more comfortable anyway. That fixed the problem. Who's to say I couldn't have fixed them if I had persevered, but I prefer to use a little money rather than mess around for hours and keep having signal problems.

The watches themselves last longer and I'm still waiting for the 310XT to have a problem so I can justify a 910

Sometimes the watch prices vary because a chest strap is not included.

20/08/2012 at 13:31

Thanks for that, Steve. I have a feeling it may be the strap, but will have to pay £40 for the privileg of finding out.. OK if it works, but not if it doesnt...

Think Im like you...... want a new one, but cannot fully justify it....

Checked Amazon price, and yes, strap was incl.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.